Sunday, May 3, 2020

WELCOME MAY


Hello, friends!  I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.  The sun is shining, the weather is beautiful, and the temperature is predicted to be in the upper 70s and might even hit 80*.  It is definitely a day to be outside.

This is the first I have been able to get to writing.  Days fly by and I seem to do less and less.  Maybe my days are just more full.  I still am getting my headaches, but they are fewer and less severe.  Afternoons are spent sleeping them away.

I am also working on getting the backlog of laundry done.  I think I can finish everything this week which will be the first time in months.  I want to work on the yard and the house this week also.  There is so much to be done!

Are you enjoying May?  I am.  April was a hard month for me so I think this will be a good change.  I know basically it's just another day, but I think I go into it with a different mindset.  Also, the fact that the sun doesn't set until after 7:00 p.m. helps a lot.

I have done a lot of knitting.  I will show you my projects later this week.  But my temperature blanket is 1/3 finished.  Here's what it looks like today.  I am going to take it outside and get a better picture of it.  This is another dark one.



And here is my new calendar page.  It is White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad in Skagway, Alaska.  It's so beautiful.



So, let's take a look back on April.  The month began with Joe buying me a beautiful bouquet that actually lasted almost two weeks.  He sure got his money from that one.

I found a new pasta recipe from Good Morning America that has become our new favorite.  I have made it several times already.



We celebrated Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter.  And even though it was different, it was very meaningful and special to both Joe and I.


I took Joe to Target to get his medicine and was so happy to be in the store.  I even bought a few things.  Getting out of the house anytime is a treat these days.

April 15 I went to buy groceries.  It looks like my grocery shopping will have to be every two weeks because I am very low on some things now.  I am planning on going with my friend, Donna, on Tuesday (Senior Discount Day).

My spring flowers that I showed you last month have all gone.  Even the lilacs have withered.  I so enjoyed having them this spring.

I showed you some old pictures from my photo album.  I am so excited to show you some others.  Hopefully I will do that this week.

I also shared a book that I finished.  I really must finish some of my other books instead of starting another one.  And then another one.

I cut my hair and even though I hated it at first, after a week or so it has started to relax and looks better.  Still not good enough to show you a picture though.  Maybe soon.

The month ended with a wonderful flyover by the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels.  That was so great.

Things are starting to open up a little bit in this country.  Not so much Philly because our deaths are still going up.  But there is hope that another month will be the end of it.  It would be nice to be able to take day trips this summer.  Even a short trip to see my sister would be great.

I'll end with my pastor's message from last Sunday.



Happy Sunday and Happy May.

Kathy



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your headaches are easing up a bit. I'm glad to see May too. Now I just want to get my porch opened up so that I can sit out there. You stay safe and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. So glad your headaches are lessening. Hope they go away completely soon. Let's hope that May is a good month for all of us and that we can finally start to get a handle on this terrible pandemic. I hope you masks arrived safely and that they will help you and your friend out. Have a great weekend and a Happy May! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy - I know I already made a comment, but I wanted to tell you that I listened to your pastor's message after doing my scripture study today. It was such a great message and really touched my heart. Thank you so much for sharing. I really needed his message of hope today. Have a good one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had another day online for church. Eight weeks. But good. Made me cry at end as the last song was How Great Thou Art and then there were photos of children from last year and other ones...oh it was good to see their faces. Did our own communion. Nice day out. Hope to go on a walk. Praying your headache stays away! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pastor's messages, too. Glad that you are doing better and pray that those headaches will go as quickly as they came. Yes, let us hope for better days ahead with day trips and everything. 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your headaches are better. I'm ready for another month too...hopefully we will see progress in May. I tried to thin out my hair yesterday and it's better but I need a real haircut so bad!
    Please stay well...blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to hear your headaches are some better but dont overdo...take care of yourself so you can enjoy this new month of May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying May is a much better month than April was! That calendar page is gorgeous. I've never been to Alaska but my husband and I talk about getting up there one day. (We're in Seattle.) Glad to hear your headaches are less severe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking back,your days are full. The weather is so beautiful! I really enjoyed the Pastor's message.I look forward to hearing him & to the day we can again worship in person together! Glad to hear your headaches are improving a bit.
    Take care not to overdo. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes April seemed like a tough month for many. I love the your calendar photo. Mine is of a bee on a flower and it's really pretty too. Hope May treats you better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.