Sunday, May 31, 2020

THIS AND THAT


Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to this beautiful day.  It was so hot yesterday.  And the day before that.  And the day before that.  It is so much cooler today and I think I will have more energy.  I hope so because I want to work in the yard today.

I was looking through my photos from this month and found some I hadn't shared with you, so I thought this would be the perfect time to do that.

I put in an order to Woman Within.  I have so many clothes that I don't buy clothes often.  More likely I am giving them away.  But I desperately needed some capris and so got this pretty turquoise pair.  It is a much deeper blue than this photo shows.  I have tons of tops but I do have to have something on the bottom!


I also needed shoes.  I always went to Payless but now they are closed.  I wasn't sure about ordering shoes online without trying them on, but took a chance.  And they are a perfect fit.  So comfortable.  I love these shoes -- so pretty.  I think I will order a pair of sandals for summer from them.


I found a YouTube video showing how to knit a face mask.  I thought that sounded like fun so I started one.  Before anyone thinks it isn't tight enough to be any good, it has a cloth lining and a pocket to put a filter.  And it's more comfortable because it's softer.  Of course, this is for cooler weather.  Will we be using them in cooler weather?  I will because I suffer from cold induced asthma and this is perfect for keeping my breath warm enough for my lungs during the winter.


My hair has grown out enough from my chopping job that I am no longer embarrassed to show it to you.  It is so much cooler.  I like it and as soon as the hair dresser opens, I will go have it all evened up and keep it this length.


Our pastor has decided to reopen our church this week.  We will be sitting in the parking lot on socially distanced chairs.  Joe pulled his back so is not going.  My friend, Donna, wants to go so I am going to pick her up and we will go together.  I expect 12 people to show up.  Let's see if I am right.

Here is my pastor's latest message from last week on prayer.  I hope you get a chance to listen to it because it's very thought provoking.  At least it was for me.


Be sure to come back this week.  I have a Welcome to June post tomorrow.  (How can it be June already?)  I went food shopping yesterday so there's a grocery haul.  I have finished another book so there will be a book review.  I go back in my photo album to June 1986 and a trip to Washington, DC.  And I hope to be able to show you my gardening and my knitting.  We'll see how much I get done.

Have a wonderful day!

Kathy





12 comments:

  1. Meeting in the parking lot sounds like a great idea! I'm so happy for you, I know you'll be glad to meet together. Like your cute hair cut! It looks good on you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings as some are returning to church this week. I think the joy will be palpable. I'll be back to listen to your pastor. I enjoy the way he puts things together. Your hair is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as I knew I would, I enjoyed your pastor's discussion on prayer. A long time ago, a teenage friend was talking with her little sister (age 4) about talking to God and listening for His voice. The little girl admonished her older sister, "You must listen very carefully because God speaks softly." Blessings today...your corner is in my prayers.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, You know I have shoe envy ...alot. I like those cute shoes. You sure keep busy. Our weekend is low humidity and around 70-75. Heavenly. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do the sizes run when you order from Woman Within? I may try to order something new from them too. They have some pretty clothes. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your shorter hair. I am thinking of getting mine cut shorter again. Always cooler for the summer. I like the idea of the knitted face mask. I will be listening to your pastors message later today. Thanks for sharing. So glad you found some nice clothing and shoes online. I think I will have to start looking online as well. I am going to need some new walking shoes before long. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the knitted face mask. I've only seen cloth ones but the knitted face masks look nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't thought of the face masks to be used for colder weather. It should really help in your case. can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful first day of June here...hope it is in your city as well, Kathy! I'm anxious to hear about your church parking lot service. I'm thinking our church might consider doing the same... we are a big church with two services so not sure.
    I'm waiting on a pair of sandals to be delivered today. Oh how I hope I like them! It's risky for sure, especially since it's harder to do a return right now. Thinking about ordering a few tops too. Will see.
    Hope your day is going smoothly! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of you! So cute!
    Hallelujah... back at church!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your church is re-opening?! We go to a very large church and we've got weeks, maybe even months before we'll be able to open. :( Great idea on the mask, especially if you need the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our church will be open 1st Sunday in June. Protocols included. We'll be getting a phone call. Megam will probably go with us as church she attends meets in a school. Schools strnt open. I bought 2 more masks from a friend who makes 100s of masks. New ones have metal at nose area so it won't move so much. Needs washed so I can wear one Wed at work. Hope you're days are good. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.