Tuesday, May 26, 2020

MEMORIAL DAY


It was a different Memorial Day for sure.  It felt like every other day -- but then not.  As I mentioned earlier we did not have our parade.  But some veterans decided to do a drive by.  I watched it from my front door looking across the parking lot to see them.  First there were about 70 or 80 veterans on motorcycles.  Of course they made a lot of noise and that's what alerted me that they were there.  I grabbed my camera and ran to the door.  I just kept shooting and shooting.  There were a lot of pictures I couldn't use, but here are some that came out OK.







I thought that was it, but then came a few trucks decorated with flags and patriotic bunting.  They were honking their horns.





I did decorate the house a bit.  Not much, but enough to get some flags out.






It was hard getting a picture of the window.  There was so much glare from the sky no matter what time of day I tried to take it.  The "America" sign in the window I got at Kirklands a couple of years ago.  It was on sale for a very good price.  I use it so much it was certainly worth every penny I paid for it.

After a month we are running short on food.  I did not have what I wanted for dinner.  So for a treat I called East Coast Wings and Grill and ordered dinner from them.  It was curbside pickup.  By the time I drove over there, our dinner was ready.  I got Joe the Cowboy Burger.  It was huge with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, mushrooms, and French fries.  I got him fries to go with it.





I got a hamburger -- two patties, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and homemade chips.



It was so nice to have something to eat that I didn't cook!

After dinner Joe took a walk to 7-11 and came back with a bouquet for me!  It is so pretty.  Carnations, mums and daisies.











So in spite of it not being a "normal" holiday, we still had a very nice day.

I'm going to end with a video that Pastor Ralph posted a couple of weeks ago.  I hope you enjoy it.


Have a great evening everyone.  I'll see you soon.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. You really did have a nice day!! Those burgers looked great and the fries and homemade potato chips looked even better to me!! Sweet Joe! Loved the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Those burgers look delicious and those homemade potato chips - yum! I have made homemade potato chips before that they are a lot of work, but boy are they good! Glad you had a nice Memorial Day. I love your decorations - with all the flags in the flower pot. I also love the flowers Joe brought you. Hope you have a good week. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even in the worst of times, there are ways to celebrate. Aren't we lucky to have those that put together parades, etc., that honor the vets, etc? Flowers are beautiful and looking at the food reminds me that I am really hungry! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does get challenging to come up with meals day after day. Glad that you changed it up with the burgers, fries, and homemade chips. Also good that there was some excitement in the neighborhood.

    The story that your pastor shared about leading the "good" lady to Christ was so special. I am pretty sure that his approach would do the greater good over slamming someone over the head. It demonstrated great love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you still celebrated in style despite not having the parade. Those burgers looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food,fun & flowers! Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your blog Kathy. So nice to read. Your holiday turned out so nicely. Your decorations, supper & gift of flowers were great. “God bless America, land that I love”.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.