Tuesday, June 5, 2018

SUNDAY AND MONDAY


I am in a blog slump.  Do you ever get that?  I am just living life and there really isn't anything interesting going on to write about.  So I thought I'd tell you about what's happening the last couple of days.

On Sunday we had a special guest speaker for church.  Do you recognize him?


Pastor Ralph and Carolyn were not there because of a tragedy in their family.  Their niece who was 8 months pregnant with twins suddenly died on Wednesday morning.  The twins died with her.  It is very sad and we are all shocked.  I met her at Christmas a couple of years ago and she was the sweetest person ever.  Please pray for her husband, Nathan, and their little 2 year old boy Andre.  The funeral was Saturday and they stayed over to be with family before returning on Sunday.

But Joe stepped in and did a very good job of it.  He had only three days to get it all together.  He did a "rerun" of a message he did on a Saturday night about four years ago.  It was new to just about everyone there.  One other lady and I had heard it before, but it was fine to hear it again.  Updated of course.

On Sunday afternoon our friends from church Jim and Carolann came over.  Our stove had broken.  It automatically went to autoclean, would not allow the door to shut, and an alarm went off every five minutes.  We had to unplug it and although we tried everything we could think of, couldn't fix it.  We had made up our minds to call a repairman on Monday.  Jim insisted on coming over and had it fixed in less than five minutes.  He saved us a big bill and we are so grateful.


We had stopped at Shoprite on the way home from church to get something for lunch.  (They have the BEST fried chicken.  And I had a fruit salad with it.)  While we were there we saw they had their premade dinners for sale.  I got one for Korean stir-fried beef.  Not knowing the oven would be fixed, I got something I could do on top of the stove.

Have any of you ever tried those dinners that are sent to you from Blue Apron or Home Chef?  That is what these dinners are like.  I had never tried one of them before and didn't know what to expect, but it was good.  The directions were easy to follow and they gave you everything premeasured and cut up.  They even had a measured container of olive oil.  I am going to look for another one when I go shopping today.

On Monday I drove Joe to the nursing home where he gave a message to the residents there.  Every Monday our pastor goes for a half-hour service.  Joe sat in for him this week.  Those ladies and men there are so sweet and just love that we show up to talk about Jesus.  They are always smiling and waving at me.

We had breakfast for dinner tonight.  I made some blueberry pancakes and for once I didn't burn a single one.

After dinner it was still light so we went outside and started weeding.  There is so much to do, but I can do just a little bit at a time because it hurts me so much with my arthritis.  But anything is better than nothing.  We got a lot more done than I expected.  About a third of the yard is weeded now.  I cut one rose and brought it into the house.  It's nice to have flowers again.

And that's about it.  I have another exciting day today of teaching the Ladies Bible Study, going food shopping for the next two weeks and cleaning the house.  Still haven't found my cameras and I'm getting frantic here.  I'm so grateful to Joe for letting me use his now and then.

I'm thinking about doing a question and answer post.  Do any of you have any questions I can answer for you?  Anything about me or Philadelphia?  Anything about how I do something?  Some burning question you've always wondered?  Leave it in the comments below if you do and I'll see if there's enough to put a post together.

Hope you all have a nice day.  Thanks for stopping in.  Hope I haven't totally bored you.

Kathy






10 comments:

  1. I enjoy following people's blogs about their normal, every day lives. It often offers a different perspective and is never boring. Thank you to your husband for his service to our country. I do have a question, have you always lived in a large city? I would be very interested in such a historical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is far from boring. Most times I learn things I wasn't aware I didn't know.I appreciate your sharing. I heard about those dinners & they do sound delicious.Praise God for a friend like Jim! Russ has the heart but not the skills.Glad it could be fixed! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wondered about those pre-made meals and glad to know they are good. I wish one of our grocery stores would have them. I get tired of trying to think of something to eat and when I do, then I dont have the right ingredients. Your blog is never boring....it is you and I always like hearing about you and Joe. Glad you got your stove fixed without a big bill. The same with our AC....God is good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy That is so tragic of the young mother and her unborn twins. I will pray for her husband and son. Joe is a wonderful man, always willing to help. Glad that stove is fixed. I don't much like to heat up the kitchen on hot days. I try to limit my cooking, especially using the oven. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is so sad about the sweet family and the loss of this dear lady and her babies. I'm keeping them all in my prayers. So hard to hear such terrible news. Take care dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a tragic loss, that young woman and her unborn babies. I'll say a prayer for her husband and little boy. I've never tried one of those meals, but it's good to know that they are tasty. If our market gets any of them, I'll try it out.

    I love hearing how friends help friends. And I think your hubby is just awesome for stepping in to give the sermon and help out at the nursing home. You too!

    I love reading about your daily doings and seeing your photos. That's all I blog about on my blog. My daily happenings, my family and my little dog. It's just comfortable chit chat.

    I'm off now to water the plants. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing slump? You always have great things to share.
    Sorry, about the death of your Pastor’s niece. That is tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and even though I don't comment, I read it every day. You are not boring. I have a question for you. What is your favorite place you have visited?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad to read the news about your pastor's niece and babies, Kathy. Nice to Joe to step in and help out at church and at the senior center too. And don't be concerned about a blog slump as it happens to a lot of people., including myself. I am awed by those folks who not only blog on a daily basis but also reply to comments left. Some days I can barely get through half the blogs I read, but at least try to visit each one at least weekly, except when traveling. As far as you're not having "anything to blog about" you certainly did a nice job here telling about things in your lives and that's OK. Most of us do not lead terribly "exciting" lives, but it's the day-by-day stuff that gets us through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed reading about your normal! Whew, glad that oven got fixed and for the money saved. That's always a good thing!
    How sad about the mother and her babies. God bless Joe for stepping in on such short notice.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.