Saturday, June 16, 2018

THIS WEEK


Hello everyone!  I know I have been missing lately.  I am finding it very hard to blog.  I have thought about just stopping, but I'm not quite willing to give it up yet.  I try to read your posts even if I don't respond to them.  But busy days and not feeling well have cut into even that.  Having a computer that works when it feels like it and doesn't at other times doesn't help either.

But having said all of that, I thought I would try to give you a taste of what all has been going on.

I have been having quite a week trying to eat SOMETHING but finding it hard to eat anything!  Lots of yogurt, applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc. have been in my diet.  When I weighed myself today I found I had lost 3 pounds.  That's good!  At least there was one good outcome of it.

On Tuesday I taught Bible Study.  With difficulty, I might add.  But such a great group of ladies I teach.  They helped out with the praying and reading of scripture, etc. so much.

I had to hurry home after study because I had a doctor's appointment right after the meeting.  They wanted to do a blood pressure check to see what was going on with my new medicine.  I could have told them that it went down as soon as that tooth was out.  I think a lot of the high blood pressure was due to stress.  And I was right, it was down quite a bit.  My doctor is very happy with that.

Wednesday I took it easy.  I didn't even go to Bible Study that night.  It is the first time I have missed in a long time, but I just slept instead.  I was waiting for a phone call that never came.  In fact it is now three days later and I still have not gotten that call.  Guess who's going to be on the phone Monday morning.  I hate when people promise to call and they don't.

Thursday I took Joe to the V.A. Hospital for his doctor's appointment.  The traffic was terrible.  It took so long to get there.  I had to drop him off at the front door and then go find parking so he could get to his appointment on time.  I did have a chance to read a couple of chapters in my book while I was waiting for him to come out of the office.  That was good.  On the way home we stopped at Shoprite and I got some vegetable soup for lunch.  It was so good!  Expensive, but good.  I have been craving veggies and it is one thing I have had trouble eating.  These were all soft and delicious.

Image result for Michael Crescenz Veterans Administration Medical Center

Yesterday I went to my church's Crafters meeting in the morning.  There were five of us there, all working away on our various projects.  I am almost finished with Joe's temperature blanket.  I have finished February and have just March, April and part of May to do.  I think I will have it finished by the end of July just in time for the HOT weather.  Oh well, it will be good for the fall and winter months.  I will show you the blanket very soon.  (Still can't find EITHER camera.  Using Joe's and my tablet for the time being.)


I had to hurry home again because I had my one week follow up appointment with the dentist.  I had ordered a cab for 12:00 noon.  I got home 11:45 and just had time to run to the bathroom before the cab pulled up.

This cab driver was the worst ever!  I honestly thought we were going to get in an accident.  He switched lanes and cut people off and all other kinds of things.  We were almost there when I whispered to Joe that I was carsick.  He told me to hold on there were only four more blocks.

Image result for 1601 walnut street dentist

As bad as that car ride was, is how good the appointment went.  Everything is great in my mouth.  I now have no restrictions.  I can eat anything, use a straw, brush my teeth, etc.  And I don't have to go back.  Yay!

Our friend Carole came down to pick us up and take us home.  While we were waiting for her, we went across the street to Starbucks.  Neither Joe nor I had eaten anything since a very early breakfast.  Joe got a lime and lemongrass iced tea and cherry bear claw.  I got a S. Pellegrino and chocolate chunk brownie.  It cost me $13!  But like I said to Joe, when do we ever get downtown and when do we go to Starbucks?  It was a celebration for the good report I got from the dentist.

Related image

It took Carole 40 minutes to get to us and it took us 45 minutes to get home.  It is usually a 15-20 minute ride.  The traffic was TERRIBLE!  We were standing on the corner leaning against the building waiting for Carole and when she showed up we ran across the street on the red light to get into her car.  I told Joe we should just act like everyone else in the city.  Just about everyone does that.  No, really they do.  It's life in the big city.  It felt so good to be downtown again.  I miss being well enough to go there and spend time there.  You guys already know I love the city.

Today was the Men's Breakfast at church.  Only a few men showed up.  What a shame because they had a great speaker.  I was there for the beginning to take pictures for our Facebook page.  I'll show you that soon too.  I don't have them downloaded yet.

I wasn't feeling well, so when I came home I laid down and went to sleep.  I have slept almost all day.  I guess I needed it.

So now it is time for me to go make dinner.  We are having poached salmon and mashed potatoes tonight.  Even though I was told I can eat anything, my jaw still is tender so I am taking it easy for another week.

And tomorrow starts another week.  The last week of Spring since Summer starts next Thursday.  Can you believe it?

Hope you all have a great evening and a blessed Lord's Day.

Kathy


10 comments:

  1. Oh that cab ride sounds like murder. Hope you didn’t have a bp check after that! Take care and keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are cleared to eat again though I can understand going slow. Sorry to hear about the cab ride.Enjoy resting. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please dont stop blogging. Glad your mouth is healed and you can eat anything again. Your life is busy, thats for sure....that cab ride was horrific for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Glad your mouth healed from being at the dentist. I believe stress has an awful effect on our health. Take care. Blessings . Happy father's day to Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your mouth is healing and bp lower. Always a good thing. I'm struggling with my throat this past week. Now I'm coughing too much to feel comfortable going to church today. Later we're going out for lunch. Glad you made to dentist without a wreck! Scary! Have a blessed week....yep blogging takes a lot of time. I like to read other people's stories. Would miss you if you quit. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to catch up on your news. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd really miss you if you stopped blogging! But I understand the time issue....I struggle just the same. Life around here just doesn't slow down.
    I'm glad your blood pressure is good again and your mouth is healing! I love Starbucks. It's an occasional treat for me.....and once in awhile I'll treat myself to a gf breakfast sandwich. It's really good!
    God bless your day today! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Include me with those who would miss reading your blog, Kathy, even if I don't comment on every post. I do understand how hard it can be to find the time not only to post a blog, but then to read everyone else's posts. It's something I enjoy doing but it all takes time and there are also other things to do an enjoy. You did manage to include quite a lot in this post and know you were glad for the good report from the dentist and don't have to return especially after that cab ride! Hope you continue to rest and feel better this week. Take it easy as hot weather is all around, including here in NH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you got through that dental visit and you are healing well. Take care of yourself sweet friend. Just take it easy for awhile! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I'd miss visiting here if you stopped blogging. We don't care what you write about. We're here for the company and the fun chatter. Now that you've been cleared by the dentist, I hope your mouth heals quickly. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.