Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A BUSY MONDAY



Summer is here and I am loving every minute of it.  It is so nice to have the longer hours of sunlight.  I have more time to do things.  I can sit in the yard and read.  I can cut roses and bring them into the house.  Free bouquets are always nice.  As soon as I get paid this month I am splurging on a new hibachi for the back yard.  Then I can grill our dinners outside like our neighbors do.  Their steaks smell so good! 

I like cooking outside and eating inside away from the bugs.  Joe not so much.  But I don't mind that at all.  We don't need a big grill.  We have had a couple of them but really for the amount that we used them it was a waste.  A little hibachi can be taken apart and brought into the house in the winter so that it stays nice.  And I've had a couple of those for years too.

Image result for hibachi grill

Yesterday was such a busy day.  My pastor had jury duty of all things so I offered to drive him downtown.  Of course it was rush hour and NOBODY wants you to change lanes.  Oh my, give me a break someone!  We finally got there but I was in the wrong lane and overshot it a couple of blocks.  But I was able to pull over and he got out and walked back.

Going home wasn't nearly as bad.  People were going into the city, not coming back out.  I also took the back streets.  I did NOT want to get onto I-95 again.

When I got home I got something to eat and then got ready to go to the dentist.  My dentist is retiring.  *sob*  I love her and am going to miss her intensely.  I took Joe with me and she was there when we got there, but just leaving.  She gave Joe a hug and said this was the hardest thing she has ever done.  She has watched some of her patients grow up from little kids to adults with children of their own.  But it's time.  Her receptionist has already left and moved to Virginia.

The new dentist is also a woman and is very nice besides being an excellent dentist.  There is now a hygienist who is nice.  So I will continue to go there, but it just won't be the same.  The new dentist said she has big shoes to fill since Dr. McFadden is so well loved.

We came back from the dentist and got something for lunch then headed for the nursing home for Joe to do Bible Study.  Pastor usually does the study for the people there but when he can't, Joe takes over.

We had been home from the study about 45 minutes when Pastor called and said he was finally out and could I come pick him up.  I took Joe with me again and we headed downtown.

It wasn't as bad as the morning going back down.  Again, I kept getting into the wrong lanes and had to keep moving over so that I wasn't going down the wrong streets.  I will know how to do it next time.  We picked up Pastor, took him home and then went home ourselves. 

As we got in I got a call from Staples that my backup was finally complete and I could come get my items.  There was no way I was going out again, so I will get it today.  I was so tired.

We had flounder and zucchini noodles for dinner.  I love my spiralizer.  I make my own noodles and they come out great.  It was a great dinner.  Now I have to come up with something for tonight.

Hopefully today will not be quite as busy.  I am teaching Bible Study this morning.  We are continuing on with the Fruit of the Spirit and today we will talk about "Love".

Image result for love

This is a great 10-week series which is perfect for the summer.

I am still trying to get used to this computer.  For some reason it arbitrarily makes pages bigger or smaller without me doing anything.  I wish I could figure it out.  I still haven't figured out how to install the word processing either.  If I have time I have to do that today.

I need to go over my lesson and get myself ready for the day.  So until later I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Kathy





8 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady! Love the heart photo.Glad to hear Staples has your stuff ready. Hope all is well there. I agree with eating inside away from the bugs...and in the a/c! I'm not into grill/hibachi,though. Hope you find the one that you like.Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic - ugh! I prefer cooking outside and eating inside because of the bugs too. I dont know how you get all you do, done....busy lady....God provides tho, as we know. Happy Tuesday and hope it is a less busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very busy lady! Your heart is so BIG! You bless everyone you serve.
    Have s great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsie, you are a busy lady! I remember when I used to be too. Ahhhh, those were the days! You have a big heart and are very brave going back out into that traffic again.

    I love food cooked over a grill outdoors. Sad to say, I don't do it now with just me and Pogo. But I do love these longer hours of daylight. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave to drive in the heavy traffic. I've never lived in a big city so I'm not really used to it. Glad you got so much done and hope today is a little easier! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so so brave!!! I would never attempt that drive, ever. Go Kathy!!
    Clipping roses to bring them indoors. How nice! I love roses but I need to purchase them when I have a desire for fresh. Only some new little miniature roses is all we have. Hope they make it!
    God bless you as you figure out your computer. That's one thing that I wish stayed the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good golly, you are busy, busy!! I don't miss big city traffic at all!! You were so nice to brave the rush hour for your friend/pastor. I have one of those spiralizers and haven't tried it yet. Now I am motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, I can not stand traffic at busy times. I have turned into a back roads driver. Too many people try to multi-task while driving !!! Oh I totally understand about getting back out once you have decided to go home for the day. Like your pictures. Blessings to you and Joe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.