Sunday, June 24, 2018

I'M BACK... SORT OF




Hello, friends.  I'm sort of back.  I have a computer that I bought over a year ago when I was having problems but have never used because I really didn't like it.  But beggars can't be choosers and after spending almost $500 to get the information off of my old computer I figure this is good.  Very good.  I haven't figured everything out on this, but I will... eventually.  It's hard when you are used to one thing to have to relearn a whole new system.  I could tell what keys I was touching just by feel.  BUT... God is good.  Very, very good to me.  I have lost a LOT of information -- knitting patterns, photos, etc.  I hope I can recreate most of it.

This will be very quick.  I have an hour to get ready for church and get myself going here.  I still have to eat and dress.

It has been very hot.  Then we got a cool break.  This week it is supposed to get hot again.  This is what summer is about and I am loving every minute of it.  I have been sitting out in the yard reading my book in the mornings when it is cool.  (Of course not this morning.)

I was finally able to download the picture of the sunset I took on the first day of Summer outside of Staples.  I just had to show it to you.


It was more vivid than this, but this is pretty good.

I have to run.  Hopefully I will be back tomorrow.  Or at least this week.

Kathy





13 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to 'start over' and hoping you find everything soon. Enjoy church this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read you are back in the blogging world Kathy, I'm stunned to learn it cost 500.00 to retrieve your information !
    Beautiful summer is upon us, lots of time to enjoy the garden, your sunset shot is exquisite.
    Enjoy your church service.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous picture! So glad you didn’t lose it!
    Yeah, I think we stay sharp because we must keep learning new things and new ways of doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, So glad you have a computer. Isn't it awful the price of retrieving data. Love you sunset photo. And of course your cartoons make me smile. Bless your sweet heart Kathy. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you have the other computer, even if you have to learn how to use it. I just love that photo of the sky. It's really beautiful. I agree, it's wicked the price of retrieving lost data, but at least this way you don't lose everything. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful photo!! The more you use the new computer, the better you will like it. You might consider using Carbonite. It costs a lot less than you paid for recovering your data, and you won't lose anything. We have used it for years and years now (over 12). When you get a new computer, you just download your old stuff and it is all there. I think it is $89 for a year. It backs up in real time, so nothing is ever lost. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I couldn't open the computer and so Staples had to take out the hard drive and connect it to o r of their computers to get the information.

      Delete
  7. Yay! But totally understand the desire for the familiar. Change is hard!! The sunset picture is gorgeous! I so love a beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got your computer figured out and maybe you will find those photos soon! I'm glad my lap top gets updated often. It's a warm day here, mid 80s but back into the 70s next few days, which is good. Sunsets have been pretty here too. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunset on the first day of summer must have been truly amazing as so many have shared photos of it from New Hampshire to Maryland. Glad that you have a working computer. It does take time to get used to a new system. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see you here. I am sorry about the computer. I had to learn a whole new system, too. If I can do it-you can do it! Beautiful sky shot! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, you are working hard to keep blogging! Good for you.
    Your first day of Summer picture is beautiful- those colors just pop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had no idea the price was so high to retrieve data! Glad you at least have something to work with. Familiarity will come the more you use it.I love the sunset! I understand about the colors. No photo can do justice to God's beauty. Just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.