Saturday, December 9, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 7 -- THE DECORATING BEGINS




Hello and welcome to Blogmas Day 7.  The month is going by so quickly.  I have begun but by no means finished the cleaning and decorating of the house.  And knowing me, you'll see things moved around to different locations before I'm finished and totally happy with the way things look.  But for right now, let me show you some things.

First if you look behind me in the picture you will see the holly wreath I put on the front door this year.  Something different and I think it looks great against the white.


The front window.  So cute and festive.



We got a new nativity set at Lenox when we were there at Thanksgiving.  It was a reasonable price at 40% off.


 I love the little holly design around each of them.



The jingle bell wreath that I bought at Kitchen Kettle many years ago.  It hangs inside the front door each year.


I have had the reindeer for several years.  I think I got it at Rite Aid.  I had two like this that I got on my honeymoon but they both broke.  I was so happy to find one like the original ones.  The trees are new this year from Target's Dollar Spot.  When I saw them I just knew they would look great on my little shelf with the reindeer.

Lots more to come.  I'm attacking the corner where we put the tree today.  Once that is cleared out, the tree goes up.  I have a lot of work in front of me.

For those of you who have been praying and thinking of Joe, thank you so much.  Just got back from the eye doctor on Thursday and he is doing amazingly well.  He now has 20/20 vision.  God is so good to heal him this way.

Kathy



12 comments:

  1. God is so good! Glad to hear Joe is doing well.The trees look really good with the deer. I agree about the holly trim on the nativity pieces. It's a classy touch.
    Have a beautiful day! Snow predicted,stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so nice, Kathy! Hopefully today is the day to start decorating our house. Like you, I put things out then move them around for about a week till I'm satisfied :)
    Such good news for Joe!! God is good.
    Enjoy the snow....you will probably get more than us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your husband is doing well! Your decorations are lovely, that nativity scene is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about Joe! Love your manger scene! It’s my favorite pic from today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I love your beautiful Lenox nativity...it is awesome. The reindeer shelf is so pretty. hot-dog on the good news about Joe. That is a wonderful report. Blessings to both of you. Be safe out and about in the winter weather. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to read about Joe's eye report! Hooray! Your new Nativity is beautiful and I love your jingle bell wreath! 'Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful doctor’s report for Joe! Praise God!

    Everything looks sweet and festive so far! Merry on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear your husband is seeing well again. I love, love, love your darling decorations Kathy...the Nativity set is just beautiful! So festive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, I love the picture of you! It looks like you are saying "Merry Christmas and come on in for a visit." That Nativity set is so festive! I don't think I have ever seen one like it. So glad that Joe now has 20/20 vision. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations are so pretty and I know you enjoy putting them up and out. Love the Nativity scene especially. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to hear that Joe is doing so well. I have to say that I love your new nativity set. It is beautiful. Your decorations look wonderful. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you are finished decorating! Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to hear this good report for Joe! And I decorated my front door yesterday. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.