Tuesday, December 12, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 10 -- SNOW!


Welcome to Day 10 of Blogmas 2017.  How fast this month is going!  I think blogging every day makes you see just how time flies.

Today I thought I would tell you about the snow we got on Saturday.  Our first snow of the season!  We were predicted 2-4 inches and got just a bit over 4 inches.  I didn't go out at all.  I figured I would get up early on Sunday morning and clear off the sidewalk and would you believe it?  My next-door neighbor's girlfriend cleaned off my sidewalk at 2:00 a.m.!  I know because I heard her doing it.  Kate is a gem.

I did take a few pictures at the beginning of the storm.  Triple or even quadruple what you see in these pictures and you will have an idea of what we got.







Sunday morning I got out there to clean off the car and there wasn't an ice scraper.  We have one.  In fact we have two.  But I couldn't find either one anywhere.  I thought I had put everything back in the car after the accident last summer but obviously not.  So now I have to go buy an ice scraper today to have in the car because we are to get more snow today and on Friday.

Joe and I were struggling to clean off the car when our neighbor Kevin showed up.  His girlfriend is Kate who cleaned our sidewalk.  He is a fireman.  Kate was here at 2:00 a.m. because he had just gotten off duty and she was picking him up so they could go to the Poconos and go skiing for a few hours before he came home to sleep and then back to work.  What a life!

Keven grabbed our broom and in 5 minutes had the entire car cleared off.  We had been struggling for 25 minutes.  We really do have great neighbors.

Needless to say we were late to church and I wasn't able to pick up Kathy whom I bring every week.

The good news about the snow?  By yesterday it was all gone.  I can deal with snow like that.

Have a good day.  Stay warm.  It went down in the teens here last night.  I have the fire going.

Kathy





8 comments:

  1. seems a lot of areas in the United States are getting more snow or snow they don't usually have,, its good to have good neighbors' to help with things isn't it,,I wish I could see all our snow gone in a day but sadly ours will be here until april and many many feet of it lol,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have nice neighbors. Be safe if you have to go out and the snow is falling or has built up already. Blessings for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighbors are really wonderful. One of the guys at my house (a tenant) always cleans off my car and the whole parking area. I've sent a note to Santa to be especially good to him this year. hahaha. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I like those here and gone snows too. I really hope the snows stay away for a week or so here. Great neighbors are a blessing. Wishing you and Joe a great week. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly a blessing to have good neighbors and I know you are a good one too. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that ours would go between storms. I might be able to handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cold enuf here to snow but not happening. Rain in a few days and above freezing at night then too. Glad neighbors are helpful. I need to get items out in mail Friday as time is going by. 1.5 weeks to Christmas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.