Sunday, December 3, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 1 - CLOSING OUT NOVEMBER


Hello, everyone.  Welcome to Blogmas 2017!  So many of my friends are doing a Blogmas or a Vlogmas this year that I thought I would join in.  I will try to post every day this month.  And I'm already behind.  So let's jump right on in with my monthly "Closing Out" post.


As usual, this month has brought a lot of changes.  Having a fence around the yard is really different.  We put up a bird feeding station and have gotten LOTS of birds.  It's fun to sit at the breakfast table and watch them.

I saw some beautiful foliage.  Some in the neighborhood and some on the trip to the retirement community where my aunt lives.  My friends Donna and Carol went with me to the Holiday Bazaar there.  What fun we had!

Little Hadley turned 3 months old.  Every picture I have of her she is cuter than before.

I have been watching a lot of Christmas movies.  I have given up telling you about them because by this time I've watched 65 of them with more to come.

On Veterans Day Joe had the honor of laying a wreath on a marker honoring veterans killed in action.  A very sobering time indeed.

We had our first Homecoming Sunday at church which Joe and I ended up being a bigger part of than we had anticipated since our cook Dorothea was ill and hospitalized.  She still is not doing well so if you could say a prayer for her, it would be much appreciated.

Joe and I spent Thanksgiving in Lancaster County and had a wonderful time.  We will be doing that again.

Right after Thanksgiving Joe had his second cataract surgery, this time on his right eye.  This surgery did not go as smoothly as the previous one and he has been to the eye doctor twice this past week.  Please pray for him also.

And finally our new cat Jack joined our family.  It is very different having him here, but he's a gem.  And not a mouse in sight since he's been here.

I didn't get many sunset pictures this month, but here's what I got.




There's been no progress on my temperature afghan.  I've sort of fallen down on it.  But I did finally finish the baby blanket I've been working on for seven months.  The temperature afghan will get finished, though, as soon as I have time!

Finally, here is your Breathtaking Views calendar page.  This is from Rittenhouse Square right here in Philly.  I ate many lunches there when I worked downtown.  It's a beautiful place no matter what the season.


And that's it for this time.  I have lots of ideas for posts and I sure hope I can get them done.  Have a good First Sunday of Advent.

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. You've really had a lot happen in November! I enjoy Rittenhouse Square. There is always something going on there! Art shows/sales,fruit/plant sales even pet adoptions! Plus you can always eat your lunch on a bench & watch people;walking dogs,laying on the grass reading,playing music. Always something.Wish I lived close enough to enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, That was a busy month. I know you love the new grandchild. Sounds like the cat is doing his job. LOL Hope we have a great month of Dec. I will pray for Dorothea. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked back at your trip to Lancaster County and enjoyed it. Loved that you had such a good time and met nice people and stayed at very nice place. What a difference that makes. Happy December my friend. I'm wishing you a happy holiday season! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a good November! Wishing you a blessed December! You and Joe stay healthy, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this Kathy....cannot wait to see and read more about your holidays...hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrap Up is a great idea. Hmmm, I never thought of that. Ah well, I do a tiny wrap up in the front of each of my blog books. You certainly had a busy month. Sending prayers for your friend and your hubby. Hope they are both feeling much better soon. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy! I hope Joe's eye surgery will heal and be successful for him. Sorry to read that he is having some issues with it. Please keep us posted. Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Kathy and what a busy month.. Im sorry Joes surgery did go too well...I will keep you both in my prayers.
    Here's to an amazing December
    Blessings
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed catching up and now we are all looking forward to December and the exciting events coming up. Sorry to hear Joe's cataract second surgery didnt go well, but hope by now he is healed and all is well. God bless both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Jack! I’m sure we will get to know you and all your antics. (Love the name Jack)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.