Sunday, November 15, 2015

THE WEEKEND

I really didn't do much this weekend.  Mostly just laid around with my foot up and did a lot of sleeping.  How will anything get done around the house?  No wonder it's a mess.

Yesterday was especially lazy.  We have almost nothing in the house to eat, so we called out for Chinese food.  It was a real treat.  We haven't had any in so long.

Tonight I put together some cubed Spam, peas, garlic powder, a little cheddar cheese I had left and some penne pasta and made a pasta dish.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it was good!

I have put off food shopping because my foot is so bad and walking is painful.  But when I get off of here I am going to put in my order online and then pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow.  I'd rather pick out my own things and see the sales, etc. but you do what you have to do.

The saga of the cats continues.  I keep thinking Pumpkin will grow out of it.  But how long will this growing take?  I wish he would just admit that Snowy is the alpha cat and all would be well.  But in the meantime both Snowy and I are being beat up.  Even Joe has some scratches.  But the other day Pumpkin really got me.  This is when he was using my hands as a scratching post.

A cut on the middle finger of my left hand from knuckle to nail.

And a cut on the outside of my right hand from wrist to bottom of baby finger.  Another smaller cut on my arm.  The one on my hand is really bad and painful.  I washed it out really good so that it wouldn't get infected.

"But Mommy, I'm just laying here sleeping.  I'm really cute and sweet."  (And he can be.)

"I'm even cuter when I'm awake.  Do you like my blue/gray eyes?"

"She's telling lies about me.  I'm really very good.  And sweet.  And cute."

He is adorable when he behaves.  And he likes to cuddle up to me on the sofa and purr and purr and cuddle.
 Before all of this happened I had done my nails for November.  I love this color.  It's Julep's Rochelle.  I have to touch it up a little, but it looks so good.



I made the cake that I mentioned on Friday for church this morning.  It was easy and turned out so good.  It's almost gone.  One lady took three pieces she liked it so much.  Another couple of people took some home with them.

Joe gave another excellent message.   I told him that I thought this was the best he had ever done.  Here's the link to it:  Thanksgiving
 We thought this was his last Sunday for awhile, but it turns out he's speaking next week too.  And then we will be having some guest speakers.  It's a good thing he has one more Thanksgiving sermon he can give.

The two movies I watched this weekend were "Once Upon a Christmas" (2000) and its sequel the next year "Twice Upon a Christmas" (2001).  Good but not wonderful.  I've got to hold off saving movies because I'm starting to run out of room.



 It's the end of another day and I need to get some sleep.  I'll see you all tomorrow.

The view out of my kitchen window tonight.  You can see one of the street lights illuminating I-95.


Kathy
21 days to retirement 

3 comments:

  1. Last night I was going to make pizza but there wasn't enough of the dry dough mix I usually have on hand. I make it myself. Because I was tired, I made a pasta dish as well and it turned out yummy! Sorry to see that you have been attacked by pumpkin. Hopefully nothing will get infected. Hope your week goes better and don't put up with too much cat attacks as maybe they might escalate but will pray that they don't. Hugs and sweet sleep for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pasta dish sounds delicious. It's a shame Pumpkin's so naughty.Those scratches can hurt!
    Will listen to Joe's sermon later today & look forward to the next one. He really is a good speaker!
    Rest & take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin! Really!! You shouldn't do that!
    Ouch... He's really adorable but I can see the mischief in those beautiful eyes .

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.