Sunday, November 8, 2015

A RESTFUL SUNDAY

I didn't have time to watch my movie this morning before I went to church so I watched it this afternoon.  Today it was Snow Bride (2013).  I had never seen it before.


Church was pretty empty today.  Joe still gave a great message.  He started a Thanksgiving series for today and next week.  Then we will have some guest speakers.  Here is the link to his message from this morning.
Joe's message

We heard there are three retired pastors who want to take our church.  That is exciting!  We didn't think anyone would be interested with our small congregation.  Now we will have our choice of pastors.

My foot is still swollen and painful although not as much.  I am still going to see a doctor and/or get an x-ray tomorrow.  I can't go on like this.

It's time to make dinner.  Tonight I'm making roast chicken, potatoes and veggies with cheese sauce and apple pie for dessert.  It will take awhile so I need to get started.  Besides, it's hard to type with a kitten wrapping himself around your neck and wanting to play.

Back to another work week.  But there's only 28 days until I retire.  That's just four more MondaysHave a good evening everyone.


Kathy 

10 comments:

  1. Kathy, Glad you are getting an x-ray...wise. It would be so wonderful if a parson came along to take your church and love it. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. thinking of your short time to work ..:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having three people interested is very encouraging.

      Delete
  2. I can feel the excitement of retirement coming!
    Thanks for the link to Joe's Sunday message. That is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always kind of disappointing when no one shows up for church. I would like to listen to Joe's message but there is some kind of fluke in this computer. Sometimes the sound works and sometimes it doesn't. I will try it again later to see if the speakers kick in.
    Only FOUR more Mondays- Whoo Hooo!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get to hear it. I know I'm prejudiced, but I think it is good. It's about giving thanks.

      Delete
  4. Woo Hoo- 28 days...gosh that isn't long at all Kathy!
    Great news about the pastors. Our church is still praying for our a pastor. It's all in God's timing though
    Hope that X-Ray comes back okay- I'll check in tomorrow on you

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a pastor soon. A church needs a pastor as I have found out all too well.

      Delete
  5. Good news about the church....and pastors! I know the anticipation of retirement is in the air. The first few days always feel a little odd,but I know you're looking forward to it. Hope your x-rays come back with good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm OK soon. Can you imagine me in a cast for my last few weeks at work?

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.