Sunday, November 29, 2015

THE FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT


Can you believe it is the first day of Advent already?  We had a really nice church service today.  So many people showed up.  Our newly elected Elder, Dr. Dave Allen, gave the message and it was top-notch.  So good to have a real pastor in the pulpit again.  However, my camera stopped recording during his message, so I have to post it in two parts unless I can figure out how to put it together.  I have to investigate that.

The church looked beautiful and Joe, Genny and I were told how nice it was and what good work we did.  That was unnecessary, but nice.

Joe and Genny lit the Advent candle this morning and gave the reading.  It's the first time in years that we did this and I'm glad we did.  It was very pretty and meaningful.




 
There was an Elders meeting after the service which Joe was invited to attend.  So I hung out with Dr. Allen's wife, Donna.  What a sweetheart!  I loved getting to know her.  We are the same age and like a lot of the same things.  We even read the same authors.  It's always nice to make a new friend.  I'm so glad that they will be back in a few weeks and I can spend time with her again.

Not much else going on today.  Joe is speaking for the next few weeks so we are trying to get some messages together.  He chooses what he wants to speak on and I type it up and print it out.  Then he studies it during the week.  It's been easy with the holiday season to find Thanksgiving and Advent topics.  I am hoping we have a permanent pastor by the time the holidays are over.

My movie today was "Tangled" (2011).  I told you I'm a sucker for animation.  I had seen it before, but had forgotten most of it.  It was a nice movie.


dream, lights, rapunzel, tangled

 And so now it is time for bed.  I have a big week ahead of me -- undecorating fall and decorating for Christmas.  And cleaning as I go.

Kathy
32 days to retirement 

3 comments:

  1. The service sounds lovely. It is always nice to make a new friend,especially to find you have much in common.I am blessed that my husband does most of the decorating. He really gets into it!
    We went to see a children's theater production of 'A Christmas Story'. It was really good! Very well done. They even had the dogs stealing the turkey! Ha ha!
    Temps in the 40's,my friend. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! So glad that you enjoyed the pastor and his wife. I am sure Joe will do a wonderful job the next few weeks but I know you are praying for a permanent pastor, too. It will happen, as we know, in God's time!
    Happy decorating week and I hope the week is good one for you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed getting to know you too! Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.