Friday, November 6, 2015

MARIANNE STORIES #7

April 11

Theresa, 8-yr-old Chinese girl, wanted to read about her patron saint. She was looking in Vol 1 of Saints for Young Readers for Every Day and wondered why she couldn't find her. I explained that St. Theresa's feast is in October which is in Vol. 2. She told me I was very smart. I gave her the book, and she eagerly went through the contents but was confused when she saw what she thought was Theresa's name misspelled. "Ms. B, the book spelled it wrong!" "No, Theresa, the book gives the French spelling, because she was born in France, and that is how you write the name Theresa, and this is how you say it." She looked at me, eyes wide open, and said softly, "Ms. B, I didn't know you can speak French, too!" 

8 comments:

  1. I just love the way you interact with your people met in that library, you sound like such a nice warm person, I am sure all that meet you, remember that warmth too**

    ReplyDelete
  2. How heartwarming! I wish we could recapture the wonder of youth....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Such a cute story. Don't you just love the innocence of children. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids can be wonderful. More Marianne stories coming.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.