Monday, June 22, 2015

IT'S BACK TO WORK



It's the first full day of Summer and so the first Monday.  I sure do hope it's not too bad.  It's back to work today after a very lazy weekend.  I did a lot of nothing.  Well, I did do a little bit.  I got the grass cut yesterday.  I actually waited until last night around 8:00 p.m. so it was a little cooler.  It has been in the 90s every day here for the last week or so.  Supposed to go up to 100* on Tuesday.

Here's this morning's sunrise.  Looks like it will be a pretty day!



Last night I made a pork roast with roasted potatoes and the rest of the wax beans from the farm.  It turned out so good.  We will have left overs for tonight -- an easy dinner.

In my brother's blog post yesterday (Exploration Photography -- see the link on my side bar) he posted a video he did of the Witness Tree in Valley Forge Park.  It is about 300 years old and was there when Washington's troops wintered at Valley Forge during the Revolutionary War.  Just wanted to share the video with you because I think it is totally awesome.

Witness Tree 

I have to get off of here and get myself ready for work.  And figure out what to wear.  It's so hot outside, warm at the front desk, and like a freezer in the workroom.  That's why I keep a sweater at work.  It's hard to dress though.

Enough of my rambling.  I'll leave you with a snippet of our Praise Band from church yesterday morning.  They are singing "All Things."  Enjoy and I'll see you tomorrow.


Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Always nice to come to Blogville and see a post from you. I love your 'upbeat' attitude, and wish you a very happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. S. That is some more tree! Enjoy the music from your praise band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing your sunrise pictures and pork roast sounds really good. I haven't made that in a little while. I also loved hearing the clip from the band. I hope you have a wonderful day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You know you are suppose to lay your clothes out the night before. LOL...I always tried to get my girls to do that. It worked most of the time. Blessings for a good first week of summer. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the praise band. Know what you mean about what to wear...It's so hot,you want the lightest thing possible.Plus it depends on my mood. I enjoyed Larry's video Cool!
    Stay comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words about my video. It's the first I have done with any commentary and it was a bit strange to me. I am glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commentary really helped. I know how you feel because I don't talk on my videos either. But after seeing yours, I think I will. Hope you don't mind that I "stole" it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.