Thursday, June 18, 2015

LIFE GOES ON

Nothing much out of the ordinary going on here.  That's a good thing.  Trying to catch up on my TV viewing and mostly the local news which I am WAY behind on.  Some people might think I'm silly to try to "catch up" but I still find out things.  Right now I am back in May with the Amtrak train wreck that took place here in Philly. What an awful thing to happen!  And for those of you that are wondering, it happened just two miles from my house and even closer to my friend, Debbie.  

I finished the Humor Section at work.  I try to point out the "Joke of the Day" to people who come in and you'd be surprised how many sour looking people leave with a smile on their faces.

Today is the first day of Summer vacation for the schools here in Philly.  I know that will mean a lot more kids in the library.  Most of them are great kids but there are always those others....  Our Summer Reading Program started on Monday and is in full swing.  I love that we have a program that encourages kids to read through the summer.  I never needed encouragement.  I read like crazy my whole life.  As soon as I learned how to read in first grade I was gone.  People could talk to me and I'd never hear them.  But I read a lot of great books.

Still trying to get the kitchen and bathroom cleaned up this week.  I haven't gotten very far though.  Still very tired and hurting a lot.  I hate this thyroid not working right.  The tiredness is I think the worst part of it.  I wish I had my energy back.  And the arthritis doesn't help any either.

My little Snowy cat is such a ham.  I never knew a cat that posed for pictures before.  When she sees me pull out the camera she runs up to me and does something cute until she hears the shutter click.  Here are some recent shots of her.  (Excuse the mess in the house.)




She is such a sweetie.  I heard her trying to get in the good graces of her "Aunt Debbie" on Tuesday before Bible Study.  She probably thought Aunt Debbie had treats to give her.  Ha, ha.  Snowy is a character, that's for sure.

Well, I'm getting off of here and getting ready for work.  Diane gave me a couple of English Muffins yesterday that Joe and I will have for breakfast.  Then I have to figure out what to do for dinner.  Since this is my late night I try to have something quick.  Maybe hot dogs?  Pierogies?  I'll figure something out.

Until later....

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I dont blame you for playing catch up on the news....it is important to know what is happening in our world, rather the same day or later. Your kitty is so so pretty. I love white or grey kitties. Hope you have a good day, especially if it is a long one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Love you cat. She's a cute one. Most days are the same around here. Not much worthy of photos...but I try. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Snowy and our Maddie could be twins! Routine days are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear people like the humor section. It's like people smile at kids & kitties.You can't help
    yourself! I'm also an avid reader.Some days I devour books like chocolate....ok maybe not chocolate,,,,
    Snowy photographs so well. Love the pictures! Maybe when you retire, you should give her a page on Facebook..Ha ha! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you when that crash happened in Philly. They still don't know what happened. Scary stuff. Snowy is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.