Friday, June 12, 2015

FRIDAY VIEW

Hello everyone.  It was back to work today and even though the schools got out at noon because the weather was too hot to have classes, it wasn't an overwhelming or bad day.  I am working on putting together a new "Humor" section and so have been entering books and pulling current humor books off of the shelf to put them in this new category.  It's interesting and fun.  (I enjoy reading some of the jokes too.)

What happens to a frog's car when it breaks down?
It gets toad away.  


What did the duck say when she bought lipstick?
"Put it on my bill." 

Well, enough of that.  Go ahead and groan now. 

It was another hot day today.  I went to Wendy's and got their new Strawberry Fields Chicken Salad for lunch.  I was pleasantly surprised by it.  It was really good.  I'm going to get it again.  I just had to take my medicine beforehand because it had cheese on it.

I stopped at Shop Rite after work and did my food shopping.  I spent more than I expected to but got enough for several weeks so I'm happy with that.  It is so much easier to shop right after work on Friday.  The store is crowded (it's never NOT crowded) but not as bad at 5 p.m. than it is at other times.  I can usually find a parking spot pretty close to the door too.  I guess 5 p.m. on Friday night is not when most people are shopping.  I haven't been shopping in 3 weeks so our shelves were pretty bare.  It's nice to see them filled again.  I have lots of ideas for dinners.

I wanted to have fish tonight, but the crab cakes were sold out and so were the flounder and tilapia.  The $8.99 salmon was gone and only the $13.99 salmon filet was left. I couldn't afford that. I looked at the refrigerated fish (left overs from yesterday) but that was pretty bare also.  So I did what I almost never do and looked at the frozen fish.  I found a package of two cod filets with an herb seasoned crust on them.  The price was right and they looked good so I decided to try them.  Oh my!  They are our new favorite fish.  It was wonderful.  I had that with seasoned fries and sliced tomato.  So good.  And a fast dinner since I got home so late.

Tomorrow I am working at my old stomping ground.  I am taking my turn at Northeast Regional Library where I worked for 8 years.  Just about half of my time with the library was spent there.  We had to put in to help out because they are so short handed.  This is actually the first Saturday the branch libraries are closed so I expect it to be a busy day tomorrow.  Our children's librarian, Liz, will be working there too, so I told her I would come to that department to see her.  The Northeast is the busiest branch outside of the Central Library.  There are four floors and six departments in the building.  It's huge.  So this will be quite a change from my usual day.  I am not looking forward to it, but after this Saturday I have my weekend free for the rest of the summer.  Yay!

So for your Friday View this week I wanted to show you my new flower arrangement outside of my front door.  I finally took down the Christmas tree (Oh, don't look at me like that.  It's been undecorated since New Year's Day.) and put in some pretty flowers.  It looks very summery now.



I'm going to end because I know it's going to be a long day tomorrow.  Have a good one, folks.


Kathy


16 comments:

  1. Oh good grief! I forgot to compliment you on your beautiful flowers. So fresh and Summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something is wrong..my comments seem to be having a bit of difficulty. It's no where to be seen. I made two of them...Let me know if it shows up later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the comments come to my email, but yours didn't. Don't know what I going on, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.

      Delete
  3. Glad you made out okay at Shop Rite. I find lately that I'm 'thinking outside the box'to try new things for dinner. Especially in this heat. Yes, I did groan at the humor but still cute. Fishtown library has a small photo book by Grumpy Cat with captions. Is that ever humorous.
    I will be at the PSPCA's auxiliary's opening in Fishtown neighborhood. Wishing you all good things for you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the Grumpy Cat book. I'll have to look for it and add it to the collection. I know we have a copy of it too.

      Delete
  4. So glad you enjoy your work. Makes it so much easier to go every day. I am like you when I go to the grocery....I go for milk and bread and end up spending wayyyyyy to much and then still have nothing to eat. Everything is so high these days. Am hoping your day at your old job turns out to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! I am enjoying my day here. Getting to see a lot of my friends I haven't seen in awhile.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, Love your flowers. I am having a hard time shopping for food...I just hate going to the market. Wish I could hire someone to do it for me. LOL> Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some weeks I do "Shop From Home". I order my groceries on line, tell them what time I will pick them up, and then just go get them. It costs an exgtra $10 but there are days it is worth it.

      Delete
  6. Oh how I love a good 2nd Grade joke or two (or three or four!).
    I just have to tell you my joke...What did the 0 (zero) say to the 8? Nice belt! hahahaha

    You made me laugh with your comment about you finally took down your Christmas tree.
    Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that joke! I'm going to share it at work tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a great Friday!!! Love hearing about your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I love hearing about yours.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kathy! I'm stopping by after seeing you on Linda E's page. I enjoyed reading your post and "meeting " you today! Cute jokes....I groaned, but also giggled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Terri! I hope you'll visit again.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.