Thursday, June 4, 2015

I'M STILL HERE

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still around.  It has been a busy week, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Sometimes that's a good thing!

We finally got some rain and things are looking a little better in the yard.  However, one of my hanging baskets died.  It looks so sad.  Just couldn't take the heat I guess.  I'm going to get some bedding plants and replant it.  Hopefully it will do better.  Also even though I like it by the back door, I think it is just too sunny there so I am going to move it toward the back of the yard where there is more shade.

I thought I would get so much cleaning done this week.  (I'm working on the dining room and my friends and family will tell you it REALLY needs it!)  But so far I've hardly been home at all so that hasn't happened.  I try to do one room a week because that's really all I can manage.  I'm not 27 anymore.  *sigh*

When I got home from work last night Joe was having a bad day so he was not able to go teach his Bible study.  He has been suffering with a lot of sinus headaches.  Allergy season.  He handed me a bunch of papers I had not even looked at let alone studied and asked me to teach the lesson.  It went OK though.  We all prayed for Joe.  I haven't seen him yet this morning so I hope he is better.

It is Thursday and almost the weekend.  I have this weekend off.  One more Saturday to work (next week) and then no working weekends for the summer.  I like having two days in a row off, but having a day in the middle of the week off to do things is good too.

I have a cute picture to show you what I will be doing this weekend.  You too?



 Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Every day is laundry day for us. Praying for Joe to feel better soon. Having 2 days off in a row will help tremendously with housework, or it would to me. When I was still working, I worked 10 days on and 4 off. The 10 was hard, but the 4 was like a mini-vacation. God less you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is laundry day for us too! Thanks for your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. It's a stretch to do EVERYTHING we need to do!!! I am learning to rest more and wing it later.
    But then I go into a frenzy and work myself silly. We are all in a race. We just run it differently. In the end......we all get there. Right????
    Hope Joe feels better soon. I am fighting allergies with the mustiness still in the house! Glad the rain went NORTH!!! I have had enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the rain came north too. We need it. Just not the floods, please.

      Delete
  3. There are trade-offs for not being 27 anymore.Do what you can when you can as best as you can.
    Even Jesus went aside and rested. Sorry about your plant. It is sad to see the dried leaves....Hope Joe feels better soon. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that picture cute? I find the nicest things on facebook and then save them to use when I want to.

      Delete
  4. Yea, I could curl up and sleep too! Been busy since I got home from being out and about today for a couple appts and lunch. Dentist gave me a good report that my toothless spot is good and healing correctly. When I got home, I chopped back more blackberry vines again! Maybe more over the weekend! Now I must do laundry and get some cookies made in the coolness of the house. It's 80 degrees here! Warm all weekend! Have a good weekend and praying that Joe's health improves. That has gotta be no fun for him and you either. Hang in there and be strong and of good courage! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping Joe is much better.. Sometimes we just need to S-L-O-W down...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.