Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WHAT'S GOING ON

It was back to work yesterday at my regular branch.  I think that little break did me some good because I had a really good day.  Sometimes you just need to step back for a day or so.  

I was very tired, though.  I went to bed on Sunday night but couldn't sleep.  Do you ever have one of those nights?  It was around 6:00 a.m. when I last looked at the clock and my alarm went off at 7:00 a.m.  I did everything I could think of to go to sleep, but nothing worked.  I got about 6 hours sleep last night so I feel better today.

Boss is very happy with the humor section I have created.  He had the idea of posting a "Joke of the Day" near those books and had me go through one of the books and pull out 10 or so jokes.  I then made up a sign to go with the display.  We will change it out every Monday.  The joke for this week is:

Jed:  I'm seeing spots before my eyes.
Ted:  Have you seen a doctor?
Jed:  No, just spots.

Cute, huh?  Do you know how hard it is to find a clean joke that isn't insulting to some group of people?  Really!

Today we are studying the last part of Daniel 9 in Bible Study.  It's the Seventy Weeks of Daniel and I have had quite a time studying it.  Such a hard passage of scripture, but so important.  I hope I do OK trying to explain it to the ladies in the group.  We have 5 more weeks in Daniel, then we will be taking a break and in August start up with the book of Galatians.  I think that will be a little easier to teach and a little lighter to study.

Thought I would show you a cute picture I took the other week.  It's of Joe and Snowy reading the newspaper together.  It's a little blurry but I think you can get the idea.


I'm so glad we brought Snowy in from that ice storm.  She's a good little cat and I can't imagine why anyone would throw her out on the street.

I have to run and get ready for church.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I DO understand the problem of not sleeping and without knowing you didnt, I didnt sleep last night either. Could not go to sleep, then tossed and turned all night. I am as tired this morning, as when I got in bed last night. Love the picture of hubby and kitty! I also agree that the book of Daniel is a hard one to study. Love the idea of a humor section and also the posting of a joke. Makes one smile right off! Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, When we like our jobs , it makes working a lot easier. Glad you are back to your place. That photo looks like Joe is reading something to Snowy. LOL Cute. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have figured out how to keep light in the a.m. from waking me up and so have slept better. A few extra minutes a night does help. Am feeling better as well. Snowy and Joe are adorable together, reading the paper! Make sure you have the flash on and camera set for darker situation, like ISO 400 when you are inside. That helps, I hope! Take care and I enjoy the jokes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to know what's going on with you and Joe! Love the pic of him and Snowy. Our cats really DO looke alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the humor section! Like the joke but you are right about finding one that won't offend somebody.I'm enjoying Daniel & appreciate all the work(time & effort) you do researching it. I absolutely
    ADORE the photo of Snowy & Joe!! Blurry or not,I'd frame it. Snowy looks so studious,as if they're discussing something of great importance.....Pets are such a blessing. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.