Thursday, October 10, 2013

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING

This has been a really busy week.  I can't possibly tell you everything, but thought I would give you a few highlights.
 
On Friday I went shopping and saw these jack-o-lantern Peeps.  If you know me, you know I LOVE Peeps.  Needless to say they disappeared this weekend.  YUM!


This past weekend I put up my autumn leaves and apple curtains in the kitchen.  I also wrapped the orange lights around them.  They look so pretty in the evening.

 

Yesterday was the first day of our Tuesday Morning Fellowship which is a Bible study that Joe and I teach each week.  We take a break in the summer and pick it up again in the fall.  Usually we start in September, but with my job up in the air for awhile I had to wait to see exactly what days I would be working late and where I would be working.  We decided to start and see what happens.  We are studying the book of Esther.  Everyone seems to be getting into it and liking it so that is good news.  We even have a new member, Gennie, this week.  Hopefully more people will come.  I was too tired to bake this week, so I got donuts from Wawa on the way in.  I got two pumpkin, two chocolate and two plain.  No one seemed to mind and they all disappeared.

I ran home at 6:00 p.m. for dinner last night to check on Joe and get him a snack to hold him over until dinner time at 8:30 p.m.  Going back to work I was amazed at the absolutely beautiful sky.  The whole sky was red and gold and the clouds made it look like I was underwater.  I have never seen anything like it.  Of course I didn't have my camera with me.  I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone, but it isn't as good as the camera would have been.  But it's still pretty good.

This is a little blurry but you can see the colors.
This one is better, but it was way more intense than this.  Much redder.  Much golder.  So beautiful.  It was indescribable.
 At work I have been doing a lot of cleaning up.  My desk is an absolute mess.  I hate going through things and so have been putting off going through my baskets, but finally decided to do it.  So much trash I found.  I don't think I need memos from 2009 about things that no longer exist.  I don't think I need the backs off of tablets where all the paper has been used.  I will be working on this project all week.  By the end I think I will actually be able to find things again.

Cleaning at work, cleaning at home.  What's gotten into me?  I must be very, very sick because although I like a clean environment, I hate cleaning.

I'd better run because I have to get up early tomorrow to go to see the surgeon.  Although my incision is healing, it is still gushing liquid out.  A lot of my clothing has been stained.  I have a load of wash in and hopefully it has all washed out.

So until later....

Mostly CloudyWednesday -- Mostly cloudy
High:  65 degrees
Low:  53 degrees
Sunrise:  7:05 a.m.
Sunset:  6:29 p.m.
The 80 degree weather is over.  And the day is so short -- 11 hours and 24 minutes.  This does not make me happy.

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the sky colors.I was able to get a photo from my back door of the sky similar to yours.You are right. Even the photo doesn't do it justice.All I could do was stare in awe at what God had created.
    The saying is 'spring cleaning' but I am working on a cluttered back room.Personally I think the cooler weather is a motivator.Who wants to work when they're sweating? Or could it be getting the 'den' ready to hibernate for the cold winter?Either way,it works for me. I'm only doing a section or drawer at a time,but it's a start!
    Will be praying for your surgeon visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I hate cleaning too!

    Your kitchen window is darling,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Get away from those peeps....pure sugar girl. I know what you mean about "where is my camera?' when we see something so pretty. Kathy , could you use a mini -pad on your incision? It might keep your clothing from being stain from your surgery spot.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful apple curtains and fall leaves look so nice and warm! I love the sky picture that is gods work ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is fun. I have some gourds by our front door. There may be more as we will be where there are 80 varieties of gourds. I just might bring more home with me. Hope all goes well with your surgeon's visit. Hugs and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kathy, Your sky pictures are beautiful. I never fail to be impressed by the beauty in nature, what a wonderful gift it is.
    I like your curtains, leaves, and lights very much.
    Thank you for following my blog, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.