Wednesday, October 30, 2013

CATCHING UP

What do you say when life is just going on as normal?  That has seemed to be my problem lately with blogging.  But considering how messed up my life is sometimes, normal is GOOD!

I was so tired after work on Monday that we decided to get pizza from Bridesburg Pizza for dinner.  They have good pizza and on Mondays it's "pay when you call" day.  So for example we called at 5:28 p.m. and paid $5.28 for an extra large pizza.  That's a good deal!

Yesterday morning I taught Bible Study before I went to work.  I have taken over for a few months while Joe recovers from his injury.  We are studying the book of Esther.  You know how people say the teacher learns more than the students?  Boy, is that ever right.  Yesterday we talked about faithfulness and courage.  It was one of the best studies ever.

We also celebrated Dottie's 90th birthday.  Wish I had taken a picture but here is one of her from last year.



I brought in cupcakes, and put a candle in one of them.  We then sang "happy birthday" to her.  She was so touched she started crying.  Such a sweet lady.  She wants to live 10 more years to reach 100 and I think she just might do that.  Dottie stands at the front door of the church each Sunday greeting everyone who comes in and giving everyone a hug.  Even the young 20 year old guys in the church call Dottie their girlfriend and get their hug each week.


It has been really busy at work this week.  I hope it lets up soon.  I just can't seem to get everything done.  Or maybe it's me slowing down.  I know my arthritis has been bothering me a lot lately.

So that's what's been happening.  Now I'm off to another day at work.  Joe has his last physical therapy session today.  He actually walked down the street without his cane on Monday so that is really, really good!
------------------------------

Tuesday -- Sunny
High:  61 degrees
Low:  42 degrees
Sunrise:  7:27 a.m.
Sunset:  6:01 p.m.
10 hours and 34 minutes of daylight.

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, Normal is wonderful...especially after all you and your husband have gone through. I am like Dottie...I want to live to be a hundred and have Willard Scott tell me ,that I look good.:):) Sorry about your arthritis..I have it in my ankles and fingers. That's good news about Joe. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you live to be 100 too! I have arthritis in most of my body. The worst is my hips, knees and left foot. Makes it hard to walk (and to do my job).

      Delete
  2. Normal is wonderful!! No hospital visits or ER rooms or even doctor appointments!! Loved hearing about your Bible study. If we lived closer I would attend! Hopefully I can start going to one next year at the church we plan to join soon. HAPPY Normal Days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer too. I'd be at your art class and you'd be at my Bible Study. Guess I'm just going to have to move to Texas.

      Delete
  3. Bless Dottie heart! Sounds like a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't we all hope to live that long? I'm more concerned about the quality of life than quantity (of days).
    Yippee for normal! I love hearing that,especially in your case where you've
    had your share of awful. Now that I am journaling,I have days I'd thought
    there'd be nothing to write about. However, God has ALWAYS put something in my path to either praise,learn from or be grateful for. I usually
    have a verse or phrase I heard that day that spoke to my heart. I seem to
    learn a lot that way.
    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep journaling. It's a great way to look back on our lives. Sorry you couldn't make it to Dottie's party. You were missed.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.