Thursday, October 17, 2013

PUMPKINS

I scheduled another Pre-school Story Time for this morning before I went to work.  And this time it was a complete success!  I had 5 little ones come to hear the stories:  two 2-year-olds (twins), two 3-year-olds, and one 4-year-old.  I read them books about pumpkins!  




Then we sang "The B-I-B-L-E" and had a Bible story on Jonah.


They loved it.  The one boy, Connor, asked me if I was going to do this again tomorrow!  (smile)  I told him not tomorrow, but soon.

After the stories I gave them coloring pages of pumpkins and crayons and they all colored some pictures to take home and show Daddy.  So cute!

I was tentative about doing another thing in my busy life, but this was worth it.  I had so much fun and so did the kids.  I am doing this once a month and it's only for half an hour so it's not a big commitment.  Next month, of course, it's about Thanksgiving.

CloudyCloudy
High:  74 degrees
Low:  54 degrees
Sunrise:  7:13 a.m.
Sunset:  6:17 p.m.
11 hours and 4 minutes of daylight

8 comments:

  1. Good for you!! It's amazing how good it makes US feel when we make someone ELSE happy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I love reading to kids. (And my husband too!)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for the turnout! This is the kind of thing that you end up
    getting as much (if not more) out of it than they do. The children are enjoying
    it,they're learning & it's a 'feel-good' time for you. Win win win all around!
    I have Mega Adopt event at SPCA today & Sun. Russ & I at Boo At the Zoo on Sat. Busy busy me!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet thing to do, and I bet the kids love it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, and it's a great outreach for the church.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like at least one of the children liked it. How nice of you to do that. Life is busy but people appreciate being cared about. Even young ones, I love getting hugs from kids at church. Today I visited my mom in the nursing home. After ran out of things to talk about, I just spent time, sitting on the side of her bed and enjoyed the outdoors, as she was busy folding things while sitting in her wheelchair. We were together. That's whaf matters. Thanks for commenting on my moon post. Tonight is the real full moon, I thought it was last night. They are calling it the hunter's moon. Sure is nice out today,71 deg., much cooler this eve on our walk. Back in the mid 60s again, nites below 40. Brrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is the most important thing we can give someone.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.