Friday, October 25, 2013

FRIDAY VIEW

I finally got myself together and went out and took some pictures so I have a great Friday view for you today.

Today is my day off since I work on Saturday.  My day started with taking the car back to the mechanic AGAIN for low tire pressure.  It appears that the colder weather is making the tires lose pressure which sets off the very sensitive sensor.  So even though my tires are not going flat, the sensor thinks they are.  They told me the next time to just check the pressure (it's supposed to be 32 pounds) and put some air in and see if that does the trick.  The guys there are so nice and didn't even charge me for their time.

This afternoon I am getting together with Debbie and we are going to Shop Rite.  It's sort of nice having Friday off because a lot of people are working and the store isn't as crowded.  Joe volunteered us to make lunch for the Elder's Meeting at church on Sunday.  Since I will not be home tomorrow to cook, I am just buying some lunchmeat, cheese and rolls and throwing together a couple of salads to take over.  Easy peasy.

We finally got our air conditioners taken out of the windows.  Our friends Walt and Carole came over yesterday while I was at work and did it for us.  Usually Joe and I can do it ourselves but with his broken shoulder there was no way that was happening.  It was so nice of them to help us out that way.

So here are some Friday views for you.  Hope you like seeing the Halloween decorations.  Can you believe it's less than a week away?

Mr. and Mrs. Pumpkin Scarecrow that I got at Rite Aid a couple of months ago.  I love that the lady scarecrow is holding a crow.

One of my Cherished Teddies.  I have two more Halloween ones, but the picture didn't turn out.  I'll have to take another one to post.

I love decorating with cats, bears and pumpkins.  No witches, devils or ghosts for me.

My black cat and jack-o-lantern suncatcher.

A scarecrow on the door.

So many of my blog friends have posted beautiful pictures of the trees turning color.  I wish I could.  This is the most colorful tree I found on my block.


Most of our trees still look like this.
 
Maybe this colder weather will bring out the colors.

Have to run.  Until later...
 -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Mostly sunny
High:  55 degrees
Low:  36 degrees
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.
Sunset:  6:06 p.m.
10 hours and 44 minutes of daylight
 

15 comments:

  1. Kathy, Your decorations are kid friendly...I really do not like scary creepy things.I guess I am a big kid...an old kid. :):) Glad you have friends who can help you at a time when you need them. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt and Carole are good friends even though they are my parents' age. Joe calls them Ma and Pa. So them doing this was really above and beyond. We are so grateful to them.

      Delete
  2. I like that you have friendly decorations for Halloween.

    You sure do have fun with Debbie shopping. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.
    Have a great weekend. If you make that recipe from Bevy, let me know how it was. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bevy's recipe does look good. I am going to try it this weekend and will let you know how it is.

      Delete
  3. Love your decorations-I am not crazy about the really scary ones so these are great fun here. Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel that as a Christian I don't want to go the "evil" route. Halloween can be fun or devilish. I try to keep it fun.

      Delete
  4. Same way here in Texas! NO color! We are going to take our camper south to Louis Dean's son's ranch in the morning. MAYBE we will see a bit of fall! Otherwise......it still looks like SPRING around here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun at LD's son's ranch. Hope we both see some fall soon.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, so glad you had help with that air conditioner , I didn't know you had window units.. I love those I think it's much better than central air..makes me feel like I have rented a room :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have hot water heat, so there are radiators, not forced air vents. We looked into getting central air but it is way expensive. So window units work just fine for us.

      Delete
  6. your decorations are cute! I don't like witches either, just pumpkins. They are outside. It was foggy today then there were low clouds, making the day dreary even though I was out and about, not too chilly though which was nice. Have a good weekend even though you have to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold here. I broke out the winter jacket. *sigh* I guess winter is just around the corner.

      Delete
  7. Love the decorations! I think cute & friendly is the way to go.Too much
    nastiness in the world.
    I adore the chilly weather! Snuggle time! great for walking my 3 dogs. My
    20 yr old loves it even with her arthritis. Go figure....I see a few colored leaves on our walks but not many. Well going to the animal shelter & get a few dogs outside for a brisk walk. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the world being nasty. Just watch a news broadcast. Besides, I don't think a Christian should go to the "dark side" just because it's Halloween.

      Have fun with the dogs today.

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't worry about the trees not turning color, at least most of yours still have leaves, And that's kind of nice...

    I think ours are soon to be completely gone...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.