Saturday, October 12, 2013

A RAINY FRIDAY

I had plans for today.  So many plans.  We were going to go out for awhile.  But it ended up pouring all day and I slept almost all day.  I don't know why I'm so tired, but I am glad I am home and can sleep.

Things went well at the doctor's yesterday.  She said I am healing just the way I should and that all looks well.  However, the time frame she gave me for a complete healing was not what I wanted to hear -- two months to a year.  A year!  I don't know how I would deal with this for that long.  But whatever.  As long as I am getting better.

So what did happen today?  I woke up early and got all the trash and recycling out for pick up.  That is usually Joe's job, but with his broken shoulder it will be mine for awhile.  Last week I overslept and didn't make it so there was a lot to put out this time.

I made breakfast, helped Joe get up and showered, and made him breakfast.  I hadn't even gotten into the shower yet when the physical therapist came.  She worked with Joe for quite awhile.  I went out into the kitchen and started cleaning up.  Then ended up taking my shower while she was with Joe so I didn't have to worry about him being up and about by himself.

I slept most of the afternoon.  I was going to do wash, go food shopping and clean, but forget all that.  The one thing I did do was make my Irish stew for dinner.  I had everything I needed in the house, so that was a no brainer.  And with it being cool and rainy it was stew weather.  It turned out so good too.



I posted the recipe a couple of years ago, but thought I would give you the link right here.

So here it is after midnight.  I slept the evening away too.  It's work for me tomorrow (or should I say today) so I'd better go to bed and get even more sleep.

Few ShowersFriday -- showers
High:  66 degrees
Low:  54 degrees
Sunrise:  7:07 a.m.
Sunset:   6:26 p.m.
11 hours and 19 minutes of daylight.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you...a year! Though at least you are healing. I guess that is reassuring.
    That weather was something.At times the rain came down so hard it almost sounded like a drum.Really coming down! Just the kind of day to nap...or read,which is what I did. I skipped a day on the 'back room' but plan to do more today.
    Stew looked delicious! We had pasta & garlic bread.
    Take care of yourself,Kathy. Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you're so tired! I think I'd sleep for a week straight with all that you do!
    Glad to hear that you are healing well, but a year???

    Awww... that stew....!!!! Mmmmmmm......looks so gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, nice to meet you, I hear you about the frustration with not healing fast enough. Hope you continue to heal, and much quicker then the time frame that you were given.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, It was good that you could do some of the things that needed done while your husband had therapy. Your stew looked very good. I like soups and stews in the cold months. Take care. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think rainy days just make us feel like sleeping. It is raining here today and I could easily take a nap! Your stew looks delicious. It sounds as if you are both having some not fun health issues, I hope you both feel better soon. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.