Monday, May 27, 2013

T-SHIRT SUNDAY AND OTHER HAPPENINGS

Usually we have T-shirt Sunday on Labor Day weekend.  But this year since we all just got new church t-shirts we had it on Memorial Day weekend also.  About half of the people in the congregation were wearing theirs. 

Early this afternoon the Vietnam Vets had a memorial ceremony at their monument for those who did not make it home.  I took pictures from the house.  It seemed very nice.









Carole and Walt came over for dinner and we had a "cook-in".  We had hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta salad, deviled eggs, and they brought some pies for dessert.
 
The deviled eggs that Joe made.  He's an expert.


My pasta salad.  So easy to make and so good to eat.
A satisfied customer.

I was so tired that I went to bed around 8 p.m. last night and left Joe to entertain Carole and Walt.  When I woke up it was 10:30 a.m. and the Memorial Day parade was starting outside of our house.  I must have really been exhausted.  More about our Memorial Day next time.

3 comments:

  1. You live in a hopping area.
    Parades and ceremonies just steps away from your door.

    Tell Joe, that his eggs look yummy.
    I like how he decorated the plate. I just throw them on a plate and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You must have been wore out, to sleep that long. You cook-in sounded like lots of fun. I liked the pictures of the tribute next door. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice couple of days. Both Phil and I worked. My boss told all of us about hour after the b crew got there that the store was gonna close at 5 p.m. today. It was raining bucket loads so it was a good choice. One and a half hours early, which was nice. I went to grocery store and picked up items I needed and stocked up on some sale items well. It's weird cuz I went grocery shopping on Sat too. Different store though. I'm now going to make a chocolate cake then eat it later with fresh strawberries. Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.