Friday, May 24, 2013

FRIDAY VIEWS

It was my "Fishtown Friday" day today.  I was late getting there because I had to go to the bank and make the weekly deposit for my boss.

I got into the commercial line thinking it would just move right along.  Wouldn't you know I was in line for almost half an hour?  The guy in front of me was there at least 20 minutes.  "Uh...  I'll take that in $100 of quarters, $20 of dimes....  No, make that $25 of dimes....  No, maybe $20 is enough...  No, I will take $25.  Now for the nickels..."  Oh my goodness I wanted to push him aside and say, "Look, buddy, I have one deposit to do.  It will take less than 2 minutes and during that time you can make up your mind about what amount you want your nickels to be."  I am usually a pretty patient person, but he was driving me (and the teller) nuts.  I breathed a big sign of relief when he finally picked up his rolls of coins and left.

Yesterday it was 84*.  Today it was 61*.  Plus it was raining and windy.  My umbrella blew inside out 3 times before I just gave up and stuck it in my tote bag.  So you know there weren't very many people in the library.  It was an extremely slow day, even for Fishtown which is always slow.  I was definitely not dressed warmly enough.  I froze all day.  I couldn't wait to get into my car and turn up the heat.

When I got home, I woke Joe up and we went to the jewelers to get our rings that were being re-sized.  They turned out beautiful.  You can't see at all where Joe's wedding band was made smaller and my mom's engagement ring was made larger.  They even cleaned my wedding band so that it matched the cleaned up diamond ring.  It is such a good match that the rings look as if they had been bought together.  No one would know that the diamond was bought 54 years before the wedding band.  I tried to take a picture of my rings, but it didn't turn out.  Maybe in the sunshine tomorrow.

We stopped and got gas at Wawa.  I paid $3.41/gal for it.  On the way home from work I saw it for $3.55/gal at Hess where I usually get it.  That's quite a difference!

We decided to get dinner at Sonic.  It's Friday so I had to get my lemon slush (which I'm still sipping on).  Joe got two cheeseburgers (we had a buy one, get one coupon) and I got a hamburger.  We just took them home.  Joe started eating a burger and said it was good.  But when I looked there were only cheeseburgers left.  He ate my hamburger!  Oops!  He kept apologizing, but the damage was done.  I had to eat a cheeseburger and I'm allergic to cheese.  I took a dairy ease, so hopefully I will be OK.

For your Friday view this week I am going to show you a picture I took on the way to work.  I was by the park and when I looked at the sidewalk, the trees were just framing it so beautifully.  It looked so cool and peaceful that I wanted to forget about work and just walk down that sidewalk.  Hope you enjoy it.



2 comments:

  1. nice friday. Our weather has been wacky as well. Rain and windy for a couple days. We were out today and celebrated our granddaughter's birthday then did a bit of looking at the saturday market. Bought some tea for my daughter that she likes (lavendar blend, made locally) and I found foxglove plant that I love. I bought a cream colored one with a mauve colored markings inside the blossom....need to transplant it to a bigger pot. Now I need to go unpack some groceries but needed a sit down for a bit...had a good day with family and weather was decent! No rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Did you start to wonder why the heck did I get out of bed?? Honey, at least you got a deal on the gas price. I sure hope the rest of this weekend is good for you. I picked up your blog from Linda's Life Journal. xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.