Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY AND BEYOND

Sunday was such a good day.  We began by going to church, of course.  We are studying the letters to the churches in Revelation and Sunday it was the church in Philadelphia.  How appropriate!

It was also the installation of Elder Rich.
Elder Rich and Pastor Justin 
 
Elder Joe and Elder Shawn laying hands on Rich to install him into the office of Elder.  Pastor Justin in the background.

Yes, that's my Joe there.  He made it to church even though he was a little shaky and is using a walker now.  Shawn helped him to the front of the church and back.  But after the service Joe ended up having a seizure in church.  That was the bad part of the day.

When we got home I found a message on my phone from my sweet daughter-in-law Christi wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  That was so nice of her.  Especially since she is taking care of my step-son who broke his leg in two places.  He had surgery on it today and is in a lot of pain.  Please pray for him.
Joe's son D.J. and his wife Christi
 Joe took a nap for a few hours and when he woke up he felt a lot better.  That was good because we had company for dinner.  Our friends Carole and Walt came over.  They are like our adopted parents and Joe calls them "Ma" and "Pa".  They never had children of their own, so they have taken us under their wings.  And are we ever glad they did!  We love them lots.  We told Carole it was "Ma Day."

I made roasted chicken thighs, green beans and my "world famous" potato salad.  I always say it's famous in MY world.  It came out really good.  I had made Carole some chocolate covered strawberries as a gift and she insisted on each of us having one for dessert.

We had so much fun and I didn't once think to take a single picture.  Oh well.  I told Walt that "Pa Day" was coming up soon and he would get a dinner too.  He was really happy about that.

Yesterday and today have been really productive days at work.  I have gotten so much done.  I am re-labeling and sorting the entire Biography section.  I'm about 3/4 finished and it's looking really good.

And we had a super good Bible Study this morning.  I made sugar cookies as our treat.  We talked about end times.  Everyone has an opinion on how things are going to pan out and what the signs are that the end is closeIt was a great discussion.   

So that about catches you up with what's been going on with me.  I'm going to head to bed because I am very tired.  (I was baking at 4:00 a.m. this morning!)  And tomorrow is another day... the LAST day of work before my vacation in Ocean City, NJ.  That is going to be SO much FUN!  So until later...

5 comments:

  1. World famous potato salad? you must share now kathy... I am sorry Joe ended up with a seizure No good!!! You and him are in my prayers..Dj and Christi look like a fun couple..
    Have a blessed day Kathy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful that you can make someone feel special with something like a meal or "Ma Day"?
    I noticed that when I say'thank you' to a clerk or bus driver they look so surprised.It's sad that mine may be the only kind words they hear.It encourages me to spread even more kind words.
    Will pray for DJ & Joe.
    Go roar at the shore! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy you have a very lovely blog. I have enjoyed reading it. Keeping those in prayer who need it.

    Blessings, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Joe is struggling so bad. I pray for him all the time. Glad he was able to make it to Church though.

    Your Mother's Day sounds as if it was a pretty good one. I'm sure your "Ma" appreciated that dinner! You and I think alike too, I got my mom chocolate covered strawberries as a gift too!

    Discussing the "End" scares me to death. I won't even talk about it and try not to think about it. It's just plain scary in my opinion.

    I bet your stoked for Ocean City. I hope you have a GREAT time. You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful vacation! Y'all deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.