Friday, May 3, 2013

FRIDAY VIEWS

It's been a wild week,  my friends.  The culmination was yesterday when I took Joe to the VA Hospital for his neurology appointment.

I hadn't  gotten  much sleep  the  night before and so was pretty grumpy when I got up.  I told Joe how tired I was and that I wasn't sure I was up to driving.  He  then, without me knowing it, called the hospital and cancelled his appointment.  BUT... I really wanted him to go because he was still sore from his fall a week ago (besides  all the bruises).  So we went anyway.

When we got there we found that they had already given his appointment to someone else.  There were no openings for the rest of the day.  Joe wanted to just leave, but I insisted that while we were there we go to the Emergency Room and have him checked out.  That is just what we did.

We were there for 6 1/2 hours.  He was examined, blood taken, balance tested and had a CT scan of his brain.  The nurses and doctors were superior.  I wish I had such good treatment  at the hospital I go to.  I  even got him a diabetic lunch because we were there so long. 

The  outcome?  He has no broken  bones.  Hurray!  No abnormalities or concussion in his brain.  Hurray, hurray!  The bruises and scrapes will eventually go away of course.  The only thing they found was he has torn the cartiledge in his rib cage.  It will take a long time to heal because it is always moving when he breathes.  The only way to stablize it is for him to stop breathing.  We all agreed this was not a good option. 

So he is taking Tylenol, resting, and is not to walk ANYWHERE without someone with him.  This is not what he wants to hear since he wants to be independent as long as he can.  But that's how it has to be.

Tonight we went out to dinner with our pastor and his wife.  We love spending time with them.  They are such a nice couple.  I  told  Joe we could postpone it to another time if he was still feeling bad, but he says he wants to get out of the house.  I don't blame him.  He is stuck at home all the time since he can't drive anymore and now can't even walk around the neighborhood alone.

So for your Friday View today I took a picture to prove to my boss that I was in the hospital with Joe.  (It's a long story.)  So here it is so I can prove it to you.   And yes, he was asleep.  But the click of the camera on my cell phone woke him up.  Oh, well.



Until later, folks....

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kathy I'm sorry you guys have hit a rough patch. I hope to have you package in the mail no later than Monday of next week.

    Hugs to you!

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Joe. At least the long hospital wait gave you reassuring news. I am glad to hear you went to dinner.The house,no matter how homey,can be boring when one is ill.Hope everyone got something really yummy!
    Give Joe my best & I will be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about Joe! my prayers are with you both!! and Geez you have to take a picture to proof to your boss? Id like to have a few words with your boss..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I bet Joe is fit to be tied. He's seems to be such a tough cookie that no walking alone has to be hard on him. Tell him to mind the doctor's though, they know best. Hopefully he will heal soon.

    Sounds like your boss is at it again. Not sure I like that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...what an ordel all around! good luck with everything, and hope ann is well by now!...keep the faith!!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.