Friday, May 10, 2013

FRIDAY VIEWS

Every time I have a Friday off I think I am going to get a lot done around the house and that never happens.  Instead I had a day where Joe and I ran all over creation doing errands.

We started the day by looking at a house we were thinking about buying.  It is in the Frankford Arsenal and used to be an officer and his family's house.  It is now a condo.  The grounds are absolutely stunning and the house was beautiful.  But it was pretty clear it wasn't the house for us.  We liked so much about it and that it had security 24 hours a day.  But it turns out that it is surrounded by 100+ year old oak trees.  I am highly allergic to oak trees.  And there were some things about the house that we didn't like -- no closets in the bedrooms and a wet basement.  The right house for us will turn up sooner or later.  Or maybe we are supposed to stay right where we are.  We are praying a LOT about this.

Next we went to Belaggio's Jewelers to get our rings resized.  Joe has lost so much weight that his wedding ring just slips off of his finger and we are afraid that he is going to lose it.  So it is going down one size.  On the other hand, I am having my mother's engagement ring that my father gave her made three sizes larger so that I can wear it.  When we got engaged Joe had no money for a ring for me, so I just have my wedding band.  We talked it over and he is paying for the resizing and I will be able to wear my mom's ring.  It has a lot of sentimental value and it is not as expensive as getting an entirely new ring.  Our rings will be available on Joe's birthday (the 20th).  Can't wait.

After that, we went to the Country Club for lunch.  Yum.

In the afternoon we got Joe's hair cut, went to Shop Rite for a few things, stopped at Dollar Tree (I always spend too much money in that store), and ended up at Sonic getting my first lemon slush of the season.  During the spring, summer and fall every Friday I stop and get a lemon slush.  It was in the 80s today, so I figured it was time to start my tradition.  It was so good.  I am totally addicted to lemon slushes.

We watched the movie "Hyde Park on Hudson" tonight.  Joe thought it was OK, but I thought it was really good.  Oh, well.  We don't agree on everything.

For my Friday view today I wanted to show you something I bought Joe for his birthday (an early gift).


They are minature daffodils.  Only one was open when I bought them but within a day they all opened up.  They are really pretty.  Daffodils are Joe's favorite flower.

  
That's it for tonight.  I am doing a load of wash and then it's off to bed.  Got to get up for work in the morning.  Until later.... 

4 comments:

  1. Does your Sonic there have Happy Hour? We do here! From 2-4 pm drinks and slushes are half price and they have $0.99 snacks like a corn dog or 2 cheese sticks or 4 onion rings.

    God speed on your house hunt! You WILL find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super busy day off. I think it's awesome that you are going to get the engagement ring re-sized. I know it will mean so much to you. Hope you had a good day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up with you. We have Sonic here now. It's ok, not as good as the ones they used to have when we lived in New Mexico. Oh well. Excited about your mom's engagement ring being resized so you can wear it. My sister has mom or grandma's wedding band. I have a Black Hills gold ring mom bought years ago, too big for her, I have it now, wear it once in awhile but not alot since it's too big. She bought it that way, don't know why. Have a good week and hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow... Im just now catching up with you too. Friday was busy for me with the trial and all... (Jodi Arias)... cant get enough..Oh so sorry about the Oak trees thats all we have down here.. keep looking kathy.. try Trulia....how exciting for you. I just love looking at houses...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.