Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WE THOUGHT IT WAS OVER

For the past two days the crews have really been working on the water pipes in front of the library.  Both the Water Department and the Buildings people from the library have been working so hard.  They dug up the whole front yard and replaced pipes.  They even had to take down the fence in front.  We were told that things were really moving along and it should have been done today.

Our poor yard.  It was so pretty before.  Now it's all dirt.

You can see where they took down the fence and it's now just caution tape.

Digging up the street.  Maybe the problem is there.

Careful with the blue car there.  It's mine!
People came in today and ran water and flushed toilets.  Everything looked good.  Thought we would be opening to the public tomorrow.  Then everything stopped working.  No water AT ALL!  So now it's back to the drawing board.

In other news --

My foot is getting worse.  I guess walking around so much on Monday was not good for it.  The blackness on the toe is getting worse and covering almost all of the toe.  It is now black and blue on the foot and hurts so badly.  I called the doctor and he sent me for x-rays before seeing me tomorrow morning.  So back to the hospital I went.  I ought to be paying rent for how much time I spend there.

Then today Joe got a call from his step-mom that she is back in the hospital with chest pains.  She went to the hospital last night just as we were leaving and we didn't see each other.  So back again today after work to see her.  She was released later tonight.

I love working half days, but I am quickly using up my vacation time so I hope things are fixed quickly.  But in a way it is really helpful to me when I am not feeling 100%.  Things always have a way of working out.

It is time for bed.  I'm really tired tonight.  Until later....  

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, you have one thing after another on your plate. Hopefully you will get a break soon. Thinking of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad to see the library's yard. It was so green & pretty! Hopefully it can be reseeded & growing again soon.
    Your toe sounds painful.I will pray there is something the doctor can do.Most just tell you to 'stay
    off your feet'.They don't realize
    that your job is at stake & they won't get paid.When my doctor suggests that, I simply say that's not an option,what's my next choice? Anyway,I hope you & Joe's
    step-mom are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy are you diabetic? I know Joe is.How did your xrays come out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.