Tuesday, April 23, 2013

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

I've gotten a few questions in my comments recently, so I thought I would post the answers all together here.

Christine asked if I left my tulip, daffodil and hyacinth bulbs in the ground over the winter or if I dug them up.

  Each year I plant the bulbs after Easter and just leave them.  They seem to do OK and come back each year.  Of course after several years the bulbs don't come back.  But that's OK because each year I am planting new bulbs so I'm never without.  I heard that the cold weather makes the bulbs bloom and that if you dig them up you have to store them in a refrigerator.  I find it easier to just leave them alone.

Angie asked about the groundhog -- if it was afraid of people.

Yes, it is very scared of people and immediately goes down its burrow.  I took such good pictures by shooting through my kitchen windows using the zoom lens.  The groundhog didn't see me and so didn't run away.

Marissa asked how I made my lemonade.

This past time I cheated and used a mix.  But I posted a really good recipe for lemonade.  You can check it out hereThis is quick and easy.  Hope you like it.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I like this idea of question and answer posting. Thank you.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thanks for posting this recipe.. I am trying this very soon.. We make half and half Tea and lemon aid tastes really good!!!
    Thanks for posting.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ONE iris from DOZENS I planted from my niece. Only ONE!!

    I love seeing YOUR flowers and how different life is from region to region.

    Hope you are feeling better this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know they can be destructive,but I feel sorry for the groundhog (& others like him).
    Humans have built homes until the've nowhere to go. Thank you for sharing your yard with one of God's creatures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.