Friday, April 5, 2013

THE BROKEN TOE

Yes, folks, I went to the doctor yesterday and my toe is definitely broken.  If it had been 1/8 inch lower I would be in a cast.  As it is, I am bandaged up for 4 to 6 weeks and have to stay off of it as much as possible.  I took a sick day off yesterday and today is my day off since I work this Saturday so I have had two days to rest it.  Most of the time I have been sitting on the sofa with it up.  The swelling has gone down a lot.  But it still hurts.  (*sob*)

To comfort myself I have been eating my Easter candy.  Isn't that what anyone would do?  My sister Elaine gave me a chocolate covered coconut egg and the cutest Peeps ever.
 
Do any of you remember this kind of chocolate egg?  We used to get one each Easter from Sunday School when we were little.  Elaine told me she had to get it for me because it was a trip down memory lane.  It is now all gone except for the little part in the middle with the sugar flower.

And the orange Peeps that Joe got me?  Gone!  Only a picture to remember them by.
 
  I know you all must be laughing at me by now and I'm laughing too.  I'm so glad that Easter candy comes just once a year.  I would weigh a ton otherwise.  In my defense I have yet to open the cute Easter bunny Peeps.  Does that count?

Last night I made my Irish stew.  It turned out so good.  There is leftovers for tonight.  Stew always tastes better the second day.

Joe filled the bird feeder and I have been having fun watching the little sparrows come and eat.  They are so cute.


  
 Well, enough of this.  I am going to slowly get some things done around here today.  Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I adore the bunny peeps that Elaine gave you.I have never seen those. I am sorry the toe is broken & hope you heal quickly.
    I love feeding my sparrows! I have one that is a little(?) plump. It almost looks like he's sitting.Last night around dinner time I saw my first robin! So handsome!I hadn't had a robin at the feeder so I guess word spreads
    ha ha!
    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye diosito mio!! I am so sorry to hear about your toe..If its not one thing its another...
    I just bought me a bird feeder and can't wait till he sets it all up.. I want birds to visit me...
    have a good weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your toe is broken. I actually thought I broke mine last night but it feels some better today. I dropped a glass bowl from the top cabinet onto it. It hurt so bad I cried. I can't imagine the pain you must be in. Hope it feels better soon!

    Oh and I remember those eggs! Glad your enjoying your Easter Candy. The kids and Hubby ate all of ours before I could even snag a piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.