Saturday, April 6, 2013

A BROKEN CAR, CRACKER BARREL AND BACK TO WORK

Yesterday I finally got my car into the garage.  It was my day off this week, so I took advantage of it.  The car has been very loud and vibrating.  When my old car did that it was the motor mount and sure enough that's what it is this time also.  Unfortunately even though I got the car in the shop at 8:00 a.m. they didn't look at it until 4:30 p.m. because they were so busy.  They didn't realize that I worked today and needed it to go to work.  So it still is not fixed.  It is fixed enough that it is safe to drive and I will take it back in on Monday morning.  I am not a happy camper.

So last night I asked Joe if he wanted to go out for dinner.  We haven't gone out in quite a while between us being sick and having teeth pulled.  He said yes.  We asked Carole and Walt to go with us.  We had given them a Cracker Barrel gift card for Christmas and they gave us one.  Ha, ha, ha.  Great minds and all that.  So we went to the Cracker Barrel in Mount Laurel, NJ.



Carole and Walt had the new oven-fried chicken and baked sweet potato which they said was very good.  Joe had his favorite country fried steak with mashed potatoes and carrots.  And I had my favorite a grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes and apples.

Of course we looked around the shop a little afterwards.  I loved all the beach themed things they had.  A sign summer is coming?  But I didn't buy anything.  Joe got Steven Curtis Chapman's new album "Deep Roots."  We played it when we got home and it's really good.

Today I am working a full day at the Fishtown Branch of the library.  It is the first time in two weeks I am working a full day and working with the public.  So strange.  It's like I've been on a long vacation and it takes me a minute to get back to what I'm supposed to be doing.  But at least it is quiet and I am not having to be on my foot a lot.

We got word today that my home branch, Richmond, has water again.  Yippee!  We are able to go back there on Monday.  It will be nice to be back "home" with my co-workers.  We closed on April 19th so that is a long time.  Just about three weeks.

Just a couple more hours and I can go home and elevate this foot.  I think I am going to be lazy and have TV dinners tonight.  Either that or left overs.  Everyone deserves a night off now and then.  Especially with a broken toe.

1 comment:

  1. Dinner sounds absolutely delicious! I've never been to a Cracker Barrel so I guess I'm missing something...
    Your poor car... I hope they have it fixed & ready for you.
    Yes, an injured toe qualifies as 'rest + recline' therapy.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.