Thursday, June 14, 2012

THIS AND THAT

EVERY NEW DAY IS A GIFT FROM GOD!

First off, thank you everyone for your prayers.  God really does hear and answer them.  Joe had an appointment at the VA Hospital this morning, but just had another seizure and is not able to get there.  After the seizures he feels really bad and is not up to going anywhere.  I called our family doctor and he was able to see him at 10:30 today, but again, he was not able to get out of bed.  So as of now, we will see Dr. Merrow on Monday at 3:30.  I will leave work early to go with him.  Joe doesn't want me to go, but I want to know what is going on if I am the one that has to take care of him.

You might notice a new ticker on the bottom.  I was trying to figure out yesterday how long I have till I can retire and get things at home under control.  (And get my whole pension, not just a part of it.)  Four years seems like a long time, but hey, it's the middle of June already.  The time just whizzes by and it will be here before I know it.  Where does the time go?

I'm hoping this weekend to get the grill cleaned off and do some outdoor cooking.  Even if we eat inside in the air conditioning, food cooked outside always seems to taste better.

Work has been very busy.  Yesterday we got 16 cartons of potato chips to use as prizes for the summer reading program.  At the end of the summer anything left over gets eaten by the staff.  And there's always some left over.  There will be another 16 cartons delivered in July.  The kids also get pencils, books, keychains, etc.  Every week is a different prize.  They have to read at least one book a week, watch one video and/or attend one program.  It's a great deal for the kids.  It gives them something to do over the summer and (hopefully) keeps them out of trouble.

I had the oil changed in my car yesterday and found out that the front brakes are going.  The rear brakes are fine though.  They adjusted them.  I didn't have the money to get the front ones fixed until I get paid next Friday, so Monday the 25th the car goes back in for the front brakes.  The mechanic said it was perfectly safe to drive, but not to let it go too long.  It's always something, isn't it.  I thought the extra money I made working Sunday would go toward my credit card debt, but at least now I have a little extra to go toward the car.

I have to go get showered and dressed and get out of here to go to work.  Today is my late day -- 11:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.  Then I have to stop at ShopRite on the way home and get something for dinner and some cat litter (very important -- the baby is out!).  Just wanted to get everyone caught up.  Thanks for reading.  And thanks again for your prayers.  Keep praying.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry Joe is having such a hard time. I know it has to be so difficult to see someone you love so much struggling so bad. Continued prayers definitely coming your way.

    My mom is thinking of retiring in the next few months. She won't draw her full pension but I think she is at a point in her life that she just doesn't really care. She goes in front of the retirement board next week and I'm interested in seeing what they tell her. She's tired and has worked her whole life, she deserves a break. I know you know what I mean.

    Our kitty is out of food and she is driving me crazy tonight. It's definitely on the Walmart list for tomorrow.

    Have a nice Friday Sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for Joe,being so sick he can't even get to the doctor.I am still praying for you both,especially for the Lord's strength to see you through.
    Those 4+ years will go by so fast. Time seems to speed up when you get older.I'm not wishing my life away,but one of the things I am looking forward to is the senior SEPTA pass.No more tokens & worry about a transfer...sheesh!
    Love to you both & I will keep Monday's apt in special prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are going with Joe to the Dr. I think it's important for both of you.

    Wow, the reading kids get a lot of bonuses for reading. That is great!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.