Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PLEASE PRAY

Friends, I don't often put something too serious on this blog.  I try to show the lighter side of life.  But this week I have seen the power of prayer.  I mean POWER.  God knows what we need, but He also wants to hear from us.  So I am asking you -- no pleading with you -- to join me in prayer for my husband Joe.

Joe has epilepsy.  It has been under control for a long time -- just about a year.  He was doing good and had even been able to drive for short distances again.  But this week has been terrible.

While we were down the shore he said he just didn't feel well.  Later in the week he started acting strangely.  He just wasn't himself.  Nothing either of us could put our finger on.

Then on Sunday morning we were getting ready for church.  He was sitting at the table eating breakfast and we were talking.  All of a sudden his head fell forward and he started falling off of his chair.  I grabbed him so he wouldn't fall and held on to him until the seizure passed.  (I have to add he does not have gran mal seizures -- it's just like he falls asleep on the spot.)  So I got him to bed.  Usually if he has a seizure he falls asleep, sleeps off the massive headache he gets and all is good.  That's the way it was now.

Then on Monday morning, about 2 am., he got out of bed to go to the bathroom.  I heard a bang and went running in.  He had had a seizure and fell head first into the bathtub.  It took me about 1/2 hour to get him out.  He has bruises on his head.

This morning he has had two more seizures.  We don't know what is going on since he is taking the same medication in the same dosage that kept him seizure free for a year.  We have a call in to the doctor, but he has not called back.


Please pray for Joe.  We know God is able to take these all away from him or relieve him from them.  I am trying to run home from work at lunch and call him on the phone during the day, but I don't know how long I can keep this up.


If you would pray for Joe, please just leave the word praying in the comments section.  It would mean so much to us to know people are praying along with us for a relief from these seizures.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Update at 12:36 p.m.
Got an appointment with the neurologist for Thursday afternoon.  Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. At work praying for both of you.
    I will pray all day for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying without ceasing.I will include Tina & Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your way my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.