Friday, June 8, 2012

THE RAINBOW

I have not been doing good posting this week.  I am still exhausted from our vacation.  I need a vacation to recover from the vacation!

Last night I was coming home from work and it started raining.  I thought, "Just like Ocean City.  Rain all week."  I was tired, cranky and really feeling out of sorts about the rain.  It was pouring by the time I parked in front of our house, but strangely enough the sun was out.  I called Joe on the phone and asked him to help me bring in a bag of groceries I had gotten on the way home.  He came out and it was raining hard.  We ran into the house and it started letting up.

I was talking with Joe and looked out the window.  I saw the beginnings of a rainbow.


It was directly in front of my house and was sort of making a bridge over my house.


I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures, changing the exposure and trying to get the best shots I could.


It was so huge that I couldn't get all of it in one shot.  And as I watched, the colors started getting deeper and richer.


As the sun set, the rainbow started fading until it disappeared from view.


Rainbows are special to me.  They remind me of God's promise -- not just to Noah that the world would never again be destroyed by a flood, but that God ALWAYS keeps His promises.  I almost never see a rainbow.  I know this was meant for me. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Rainbows so much, I'll chase after them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words cannot describe this,nor what you must have felt seeing it...Of course if it was over your house it was meant for you.God speaks to us in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.