Wednesday, June 20, 2012

EAGLES BOOK MOBILE

Well folks it wasn't Little Caesar's last night.  I was so tired and not feeling good so I went right home and we called Bridesburg Pizza and got a pepperoni pie.  It was good.

I haven't felt good in over a month now.  I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning, so hopefully he will be able to help me find out just exactly what's wrong.  I just want to be back to myself.

Well, here is the last sunrise of Spring 2012.  Isn't it pretty?

This was taken from my car.  At 6:00 a.m. we were on our way to the Veteran's Hospital to get Joe his blood test.  I was surprised at how few cars are headed to center city that time of day.  I thought it would be crowded already, but we moved right along.  We had to wait about an hour, but all went well and I was only 1/2 hour late for work.

It's a good thing I wasn't too late because today was the day the Philadelphia Eagles Book Mobile came to the library to kick off the Summer Reading Program.


 



They were there for about 40 minutes and had such a good program.  We had about 50 kids and their parents.  Storybook Man (the #1 reader) came with his friends.  He read a couple of books to the kids (with much fanfare I might add).





Don't you just love his big shoes?  After he was done reading, they handed out books to all the kids.

And led the kids in the Eagles cheer:  E-A-G-L-E-S... EAGLES!!!!

After they left there was another lady came who did face painting.



This was my favorite one of the faces she painted.  Love the dragon.


It has been so hot today.  It was 97 degrees, but felt like 105.  I didn't go out at lunch, but everyone who came in was saying how hot it was.  I was shocked when I left at 5 p.m.  Hot?  Hot wasn't a strong enough word!  It was like walking into a blazing fire.  I had already decided not to cook this evening.  So I went to Wawa and got hoagies and watermelon.  What a combination!  But it was cool, and it was good.  I plan to get up early tomorrow and make a pasta salad for dinner.  That way when I get home from work at 8:30 p.m. the dinner is already done and it's cool.  I just can't cook in that kitchen with no air conditioning.  The fan is just not cutting it.  At least the heat is supposed to break over the weekend.

Summer has come here in Philly  at 7:09 p.m.   So here, friends, is the first sunset of the summer.  I hope this summer is a good one.


3 comments:

  1. It feels so weird saying "summer has arrived". It has felt like summer here for 2 months already. Our Spring was so mild! Yesterday was a scorcher here in KY too. I didn't get to go outside any. I'm REALLY hoping it cools for my baby shower on Sunday. We are doing an outdoor shower, YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy,the library is really jumpin'!
    The Eagles van looks kinda cool.I agree;the dragon is really neat.The colors are beautiful.It
    seems everyone had a great time.
    I will continue to keep you both in prayer.Hope the dr can pinpoint what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet the kids loved that Eagles van! I can't believe how hot you guys had it. I know we have been in the 90's but not sure we got as high as you guys. Today it cooled down a little andit was so nice! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.