Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SUMMER READING

Today was the first day of our summer reading program.  Bob was at Fishtown Branch today so it was just Diane and me.  At first it was very slow.  We wondered where all the kids were.  Didn't anyone want to come in?

Then 2 p.m. hit.  Mondays are "Movie Mondays" from 2:00 - 3:30.  Lots of kids came for the movie.  Lots of kids signed up for Summer Reading.  It was hard to keep up with everything.

For the first week the kids got a lanyard, a bag of chips, and a free pass for the Art Museum.  Pretty nice.  I wish I was young enough to join.  They didn't have this program when I was a kid.


It's my turn for Fishtown tomorrow.  I was told it's going to be crazy.  I'm going in prepared!

2 comments:

  1. Life is CRAZY in the summer at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fishtown. Well, actually I've never been there but the building is so cool.
    What great incentives for the kids!
    Plus movies? Sounds like a great summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.