Saturday, June 30, 2012

IT IS HOT!!!

Oh my, will this heat wave ever end?  It's 99* today, but feels like 105*.  I look at the weather map and my only consolation is that some places are so much hotter than we are.  

Those poor people in Colorado.  They are really suffering with the fires.  We need to pray for all of them.

We have an air conditioner only in the living room on the first floor.  Joe likes to sleep in bed on the second floor all day with the fan going.  It is just too hot in the room today.  I finally talked him into sleeping on the sofa in the air.  That man can sleep through anything!  I dropped a mug and broke it.  I dropped some pans (not on purpose, I'm just clumsy today).  I have had the TV on.  I've been coughing (allergies).  And he sleeps on.  Snoring quite loudly I might add.  Now I see what a day at home with him is really like.  Ha, ha.

It is too hot to cook.  The other night I made up a pasta salad that turned out so good.  I boiled some gemelli (the twisted pasta) and mixed it with some grape tomatoes sliced in half, chopped up broccoli, paper thin slices of onion (just a little bit) and a can of tuna.  Then I made a dressing of two tablespoons of mayo and two tablespoons of Italian salad dressing.  I added salt and pepper and mixed everything well.  Then I put it in the fridge to cool for awhile.  Delicious.  I am going to recreate it tonight along with some corn on the cob and some watermelon for dessert.  That should cool us off some.

I got the DVD of the movie "The Artist" out of the library, so I think that is what is on the agenda for tonight.  We both wanted to see that movie when it was in the theater and never got there.  So here's our chance.

It is hard to believe that this is the end of June already.  Where does the time go?  Keep your eyes peeled for my new calendar page tomorrow.
 
Enough rambling.  I have to go make my salad.  Until later.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the heat! We had a storm blow through last night and didn't have power much of the day. I seriously wasn't sure I was gonna make it. It was 105 according to the bank thermometer today. Just insane!

    So much devestation in Colorado, those folks are definitely in my prayers.

    Hope you and Joe enjoyed your cool dinner. I agree, too hot to cook! We ordered out agsin. No wonder I never have money :)

    Happy Weekend Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This heat has got to GO! I was supposed to volunteer at the PSPCA
    yesterday,but emailed them 'no'
    due to heat.
    I made hot dogs the other night with macaroni & potato salad (not
    homemade).Russ & I agree that right now it's better to do take-
    out.
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that recipe sounds very delicious!!! We are getting high temps here as well, but I do believe not as high as you guys over in the eastern side of PA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.