Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WHAT I'M READING

THE PIONEER WOMAN: BLACK HEELS TO TRACTOR WHEELS; A LOVE STORY BY REE DRUMMOND




About the book:
"That's when I saw him -- the cowboy -- across the smoky room."

I'll never forget that night.  It was like a romance novel, an old Broadway musical, and a John Wayne western rolled into one.  Out for a quick drink with friends, I wasn't looking to meet anyone, let alone a tall, rugged cowboy who lived on a cattle ranch miles away from my cultured, corporate hometown.  But before I knew it, I'd been struck with a lightning bolt... and I was completely powerless to stop it.

Read along as I recount the rip-roaring details of my unlikely romance with a chaps-wearing cowboy, from the early days of our courtship (complete with cows, horses, prairie fire, and passion) all the way through the first year of our marriage, which would be filled with more challenge and strife -- and manure -- than I ever could have expected.

This isn't just my love story; it's a universal tale of passion, romance, and all-encompassing love that sweeps us off our feet.

It's the story of a cowboy.

And Wranglers.

And chaps.

And the girl who fell in love with them.

My thoughts:
I loved this book.  Can I say it again?  I LOVED it.  I've been reading thepioneerwoman.com blog site for over a year.  I have her cookbook.  And so I wanted to read her book, some of which is on her blog.  It was amazing.  As I was reading I felt the thrill of meeting my husband all over again.  There were funny parts, sad parts, real life.  But the best part was knowing it was all true.  I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.