Monday, October 3, 2011

I HATE BEING SICK

It's been a long time, but sickness has finally caught up with me.  For several days now I have had swollen gums on the right side.  I thought, "Oh no.  Now I have to find a dentist quickly."  My dentist died last year and finding one I like is a daunting task.  I know I have to, but I hate dentists to begin with and finding one that doesn't hurt and understands my fears is not easy.

A couple of days after the gums, my right ear started hurting.  I washed it out with peroxide and when it got hot I figured I had an ear infection and that was affecting my gums.  Then last night it was my sinuses and I started running a fever.

Today I gave in and went to the doctor.  He said my glands are also swollen and I have a major infection in my head.  He gave me a flu shot and a prescription for antibiotics.  I took one when I got home from the pharmacy, ate lunch and laid down on the sofa.  Five hours later I woke up and I feel much better.  I'm not completely wonderful, but so much better.

It's back to work for me tomorrow, but I really did the best thing for myself staying home today and sleeping.

======================================================

Pooh Thought for the Day:
Don't try too hard; let the hums get you.

"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you.  And all you can do is to go where they can find you."

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling some better. Hope that you are completely well in no time. Sometimes rest is the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.