Saturday, October 5, 2013

FIRST SATURDAY BACK

My back was still hurting me today.  I threw it out on Thursday doing shelving at work.  That figures, doesn't it?  But I took some of the medicine the doctor gave me for my knees and surprisingly by lunch time I was feeling much better.  Why oh why didn't I take it yesterday?  Why did I suffer the whole day?  I guess I will take it for a few days until all the pain is gone.

So fortunately for me it was very slow at work today.  It usually is on the first Saturday we are open.  People are still used to our summer hours.  But before you know it they will know we are there and it will get busy again.

It was another pleasant day.  Allison from the Fishtown Branch was our librarian today.  She is so nice and sweet and a pleasure to work with.  Diane and Marquita were also there, so it was a good group.  I got so much work done that has been sitting on my desk for so long.  All my end of the month reports, supply orders, transportation report.  So most of the day I was able to just sit and I think that helped my back also.

 Before I went to work this morning I put a load of wash out on the line.  My clothes always smell so good after being out in the fresh air all day.  I love it and might as well do as much as I can while the weather is still in the 80s.  Can you believe it's October and it's still 80 degrees?  I am loving this weather!

I am decorating the house for Halloween these days.  I will be posting some pictures for you this week.  It's looking very cute.

I smell my chicken, so I know it's almost time to eat.  Yum!  It smells so good.  I love roasted chicken.  So I am going to run and get my dinner.  Until later....

Partly CloudyPartly cloudy
High:  86 degrees
Low:  66 degrees
Sunrise:  7:01 a.m.
Sunset:  6:36 p.m.

It may be warm, but the days are getting shorter.

4 comments:

  1. Glad your Saturday at work was a slow one. If you have to work on Saturday's then it needs to be a slow day. Sounds like you were quite productive though. Happy to hear you are getting caught up AND that your back is feeling better.

    I (Okay Anika) decorated our Fall/Halloween Tree today. I also bought some pumpkins yesterday but haven't really decided what I want to do with them yet. I've never decorated for Fall before so I'm kind of enjoying it. I can't wait to see your pictures.

    Roasted Chicken is so good. I made a new recipe today and didn't love it. I'm hoping the new recipe I'm making tomorrow is better. It's a Hotdog Casserole!

    Hope you have a nice Sunday. Rest up friend, Monday will be here before you know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have my share of the 80's. Give me the 60's & low 70's. I can always put on a jacket,but what do you take off? I guess it's because I love to snuggle, Ha Ha!
    Glad to hear you had an easy day. It's an uplift knowing you accomplished your work for the day. Caught up is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be my friend but we will never agree on the heat. Cold temperatures make my arthritis so bad. But I know I'm in the minority. Most people are like you!

      Delete
  3. We have had some nice days. Yesterday and today are warm, 80 degrees Sat. Hopefully your back will get better and be careful....I have to watch it as well. When I don't do alot of bending and lifting, I get in trouble as well. Hugs and have a great day! (O, the coleus I brought home is now ready to plant. Just need to plant it and my pansies!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.