Saturday, June 23, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS

I know this is Saturday morning.  2:14 a.m. to be exact.  I fell asleep right after dinner and just woke up.  Now I can't sleep, so I am going to get caught up.

This has been one of the longest weeks of my life.  It seemed as if it would never end.  It went on and on (just like I'm doing now).  On Tuesday I worked at Fishtown but because I usually work there on Friday, I thought Wednesday was going to be Saturday.  And every day after that I thought it was Friday and the next day was going to be my day off.  What has become of my mind?  Of course when you think Wednesday is Saturday it makes for a very long week.

I got a call at work today from the nurse in the Neurology Clinic.  The level of one of Joe's medications was low in his blood.  He had to take an extra dose of that.  And instead of waiting to be seen in November, they moved his appointment to July 25.  He had only one small seizure today, well Friday, so that is a big improvement.

It was still very hot here today.  That's three days of excruciating heat.  So hard to breathe outside.  Temperatures today got up to 98* with a heat index of 105*.  Even your skin gets hot when you walk outside.

Tonight we went with our friends Walt and Carole to Cracker Barrel in Mt. Laurel, NJ for dinner.  Joe and I try to go out on payday and I know he loves Cracker Barrel.  It was overcast on our way over.  The sky looked like it would pour at any minute.


We had a nice dinner.  Well, they had dinner and I just wanted breakfast.  I wasn't real hungry and I love their breakfast.  While we were eating, it started pouring.  It looked like a hurricane!  The wind was blowing so hard.  By the time we finished eating, it had let up.  We picked the right time to eat!  The up side of it is that a lot of the heat and humidity is gone.  The weekend is supposed to be very nice.

Severe Weather Threat: Forecast, Warnings


Well, here is your Friday View.  You can't go to Cracker Barrel without having a smile on Joe's face.  He really loves it there.

Until later, folks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with Joe on this one. I LOVE Cracker Barrel! It is definitely my pic when it is my time to choose. I love their Chicken n Dumplings :)

    Hope your weekend is nice. It's supposed to cool off here too and I can't wait. It will be nice to see some sunshine after being cooped up in this hospital room with no window. I can't wait for noon to roll around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.