Sunday, August 7, 2022

WELCOME TO AUGUST


 

Hello friends!  Welcome to August.  And just how did it get to be August so quickly?  I always think July is such a long month with Independence Day, two brothers' birthdays, my sister's birthday, and then our Sisters Getaway.  But each year it just seems to fly by.  This year was no different.

It seems strange to not be looking forward to my vacation, but now looking back at it and sharing my photos and videos.  

But here we are in August, month number 8.  With September and the fall season.  I love fall.  I love decorating for the fall.  But I refuse to do it before the first of September.  So here I am soaking up the last of a lovely summer.

I do love the summer.  But this year it is just too HOT!  The 80* days are lovely.  Being able to sit outside with a cup of iced tea reading a book is wonderful.  But sitting outside in 100* weather is just too much.  I am constantly sweating.  Yes, even a lady sweats when the temperatures and humidity are that high.

Philadelphia is great weatherwise.  Usually.  We are between two rivers (the Delaware and the Schuylkill) which keeps us quite comfortable most of the year.  Not this year.

I am not complaining though.  I'd much rather have this kind of weather than the snow and ice.  Snow and ice are hard to drive in.  Or walk.  And you have to shovel.  And you're cold.  And if you have arthritis (as I do) it hurts.  Badly.  And if you have cold induced asthma (as I also do) you have difficulty breathing.  I know the cold weather is coming.  But for right now I am going to enjoy having heat.  Even if it is over 100* most days.

Hope all of your days are enjoyable.  Have a good night and a better tomorrow.  I will be back soon.

Until later...

Kathy






6 comments:

  1. I can empathize with you about the too hot. However, I do not mind the cold as much, within reason. I can always put on more clothes,heavy socks etc. What can I take off to be cool? I agree about the fall. I love when the breezes start & you need a jacket! Love the Peanuts sand castle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Yes... I am ready for cooler weather too:) All the 90s we got this year and more in the future forecast are too many for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm is better than butter cold, you are right about that, Kathy. Already, fall weather can’t come soon enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty hot here too, so I just don't go out any more than needed.
    I take my walks early before the heat really takes hold and that helps. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kathy! I don't know how I've missed your blog but I'm glad I found it again. I can see you've had a busy summer and are enjoying the last of it as August is marching on. It's been an up and down season with rain and humidity here. Like you I enjoy Fall the best and I'm looking forward to it but will try and not complain about the Summer heat too much! Your sister trip looked really fun. I would love to do one with my sister but her health issues have kept her from traveling too much. Perhaps in the future we can get it done! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a hot summer. But I still love it and never want it to end! Fall decor does not come out until fall begins and sometimes not until October arrives. I'm with you on the dislike of ice and snow!!! and cold.
    Hope you are having a wonderful Monday...ice tea sounds like a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.