Wednesday, August 10, 2022

HAVING LUNCH AT YAMATO'S


 Hello, friends!  Hope you have had a great day.  It was a busy one for me.

It began with me going to my cardiologist appointment.  I took Joe with me because I wanted him to meet my doctor.  I like him a lot and so did Joe.  He is very thorough and caring.  He talked to me about putting a strainer in my heart to prevent blood clots from forming and giving me a stroke.  I have to think about it.  That's a big thing to do.

When we were finished, I drove Joe to the VA Hospital.  He wanted to get his Covid-19 booster shot.  I waited for him in the car.  He was gone only 1/2 hour.  While he was in there, I was talking to my step-son's former wife.  We are still great friends.  She sent me a picture of my great-granddaughter Hadley on her first day of Kindergarten.  How did she grow up so fast?



When Joe was done, we were hungry so we took a ride out to the other end of the city to go to one of our favorite restaurants, Yamato.  It is the best Japanese food.

I love the fish wall.  It's always so much fun to look at.


I ordered an entree and it came with soup and salad.  I'm not fond of miso soup, so I gave it to Joe.


Here's my salad.  It was really good.


Joe's food came first.  He got beef yaki soba.  And he ate every bite.


I had to wait awhile so they gave me a bowl of rice.  I put soy sauce on it and started eating.  It was so good.  I like rice.  Always have, even as a child.


Finally my lunch came.  I had vegetable tempura.  It's been a long time since I had it and it was delicious.  It had onions, broccoli, squash, sweet potatoes and eggplant.


It was all so good.  My favorite is always the broccoli.


I couldn't eat all of mine and took half of it home.  Well, I did have the salad and rice before I got to my tempura.


After we finished, Joe and I walked down a couple of doors and went to Supercuts for Joe to get a hair cut.  It looks very nice and is so much cooler for him in this super hot weather.

We finally got home around 3:30.  Joe has a Veterans Meeting tonight.  He usually eats dinner over there so I am having the rest of my tempura and rice tonight.  There is still so much cleaning up to do around here so I hope I can get something done while he is gone.  And I hope tomorrow is calmer!  Although it was fun to go out to eat.  We haven't done that in a long time.

Talk to you all later!

Kathy




6 comments:

  1. Kathy, Yikes, I can not believe Hadley is in kindergarten. The years are flying by. Glad you and Joe had time together for a lunch out. After appointments, who wants to go home and cook...not me girl. Take care. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. You have had a very busy day. That is such a cute picture of Hadley. Your food from Yamatos looks delicious. So glad you have a good doctor that you like. That is so important. I hope you accomplish all you hope to. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadley is adorable! Grown so big! Where does the time go? The tempura looks so good. I think I'll put it on my list of foods to try. I was
    at the doctor's yesterday & Russ took me to lunch in the hospital
    cafeteria. So nice! Such a busy day we called out for dinner. I had an
    order of mini tacos while he had fishcakes, I love the mini tacos! An order of 12 is just enough. I like the fish wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, It sounds like you had a busy day but ended it with a nice time eating out:) I would have had a hard decision on what to order as both of the meals that you and Joe ordered looked so-o-o good. Little Hadley is a cutie! Wishing you the best on the hard decision regarding the strainer to prevent blood clots. Would you consider getting a 2nd opinion or researching it more on the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, the food you got looks delicious. We've not eaten at a Japanese restaurant in awhile. Hope you get better healthwise and adorable great granddaughter you have. I can't believe my oldest granddaughter is 14!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to have found your blog. I enjoyed watching your video. I would have loved to have gone into the shop along with your sister shopping. I love shopping Amish shops when I can. Never been to Lancaster Pennsylvania but need to that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.