Saturday, August 20, 2022

TRYING TO GET THINGS UNDER CONTROL


 

Actually, I love most nights.  As the busyness of the day calms down and the sky darkens one can see the lights in the houses across the street begin to go on.  You can feel the coolness, the coziness, the closeness of those around you.  Everyone is home and safe.  You can feel the love in your home as you sit around the table eating the evening meal.  Days have their pleasures too.  Getting things that you need to do actually finished.  Checking things off your "to do" list.  But to me the evening has its own beauty.  It's relaxing.

We were going to go out today, but Joe has not been feeling well.  When he voluntarily spends the day in bed and doesn't want to eat, I know he is not himself.  So instead, I tried to get things done.  But...  I fell asleep also and didn't do as much as I wanted to.  But something is better than nothing.

I have been watching the YouTube channel "Diane in Denmark."  Do any of you watch her?  She is a Flylady expert and has convinced me to do the system.  I am in no way there yet, but I am trying.  And that is more than I did before.

In case you don't know, Flylady is a cleaning system that is easy to do and if done every day will get your house clean and straightened up.  It also teaches you to be good to yourself and not beat yourself up for not doing everything on the list.  I did my best and I got some things crossed off the list.  Tomorrow I will do better.  I have been going through a bad time emotionally and doing this system is actually helping me to feel better.

This week I posted part two of my trip to Lancaster with my sister.  In case you missed it, the link is here:


Oh, how I wish I lived out there.  Joe and I have looked at houses there in the past, but they are very expensive.  Maybe someday.

I'm burning a candle right now called "Mango Blossoms."  I got it at RiteAid on sale for only 99 cents.  There were a lot of them on sale.  I guess they were scents that didn't sell.  But I like it.  I think it smells so good.  I had another one called "Spring Showers" that smelled just like a rain storm.  That one is burned to the end though.  Now I am trying to figure out how to recycle the glass jar it came in.  The last thing I need around here is another small glass jar.  Especially one with no lid.

OK, I've rambled enough.  I just wanted to get a post up to let you know that I am thinking of all of you.  It's so nice to know that people like you and are interested in what you have to say.

So have a great night, and I will see you soon.

Kathy





8 comments:

  1. I love evenings, too, for all those same reasons. I think I am the only person I know who actually likes the shorter days of fall and winter. I will have to look for Diane. I didn't know the Flylady was still around. I tried to follow her years ago and failed, but maybe now... I hope you and Joe have a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step by step.....just keep doing the next right thing. You can do it!
    Hope Joe is feeling better soon and that you get your mojo back!
    You have been through a lot lately....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can appreciate the evenings as well. Also the sound of rain...
    I like Flylady & she makes perfect sense. However not happening right
    now. Hopefully soon. Baby steps are still steps! Hope you & Joe are both better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I will think of you and Joe today and put you in my prayers that you both get better. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down emotionally but it is very understandable with all you have on your plate. Slow and steady wins the race and every little bit you clear out adds up. Would you consider hiring for one or two hours a week or biweekly for someone to come in to help? You could just let them know what the task(s) are for them on a particular visit. Your blog and Youtube videos bring joy to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that for a couple of months. She threw out a lace tablecloth my great-grandmother made, my Social Security card, library books, and my marriage license. And I paid her over $200/month to do this. Then she told me I was a slob. It sort of soured me on doing that again. By the way, please tell me who you are. I love reading your comments but I don't know your name.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathy. Thanks for the update. So sorry that Joe isn't feeling well. He will be in my prayers. Both of you will. I will have to look up the Youtube. I am always looking for ways to be more organized. Thanks for the tip. I am glad you posted - I think of you there in Philadelphia and wonder how things are going for you. I am glad that you had a nice trip to Lancaster Country with you sister. Have a good Sunday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved that first paragraph. I could see it and feel it...so beautifully described. Yes, I used to watch Diane from Denmark. Her swimming group named "The Blue *its" cracked me up. I imagine they were blue swimming in all sorts of weather every day of the year. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that Joe is feeling better soon and you as well, Kathy. Some days can be harder than others and you have had some rough ones for sure. Enjoyed the update on your sisters road trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.