Wednesday, August 31, 2022

GOODBYE AUGUST


 

Hello, friends!  This is not the post I had intended to write tonight.  But here it is.

Before dinner tonight I was editing a post for my YouTube channel and getting ready to make dinner.  Suddenly I had a huge pounding in my chest and went into a major a-fib attack.  You could actually see my chest going in and out.  I waited about a half hour to see if it would subside.  It did somewhat but was still bad.  So, I called the emergency on-call doctor at my cardiologist's office.  It was a Dr. Roberts, someone I had never met.  I told him what was going on and asked if I should take my medicine two hours early.  He said it sounded as if I needed to and I should do it.  I asked about going to the hospital and he said only if I felt like it, but there really wasn't a lot they could do except observe me.  (A-fib is not life threatening.)  I ended up going to bed and sleeping for several hours.  Here it is six hours later and I'm still in a-fib.  I think it may have gotten to the point where it doesn't go away.  I will be calling my regular doctor tomorrow and see what he tells me to do.

So, another day with no dinner and no cleaning done.  I need to get this cleaning started at least.  There is so much junk in the house that I need to get rid of.  Can anyone relate with that?

I have so much to do tomorrow.  Lots of running around.  My legs are too bad to walk the aisles at Shoprite this week, so I did a "shop from home" order.  I have to go pick it up tomorrow morning.  Then I told my friend Debbie that I would drive her to the bank.  When we get back, I need to run to my friend Donna's house to drop something off.  I also have to take Joe to the bank.  Hopefully after that I can just go home and go to bed for a while.

But tomorrow is September 1 which is always a big deal to me.  It is the beginning of a new month.  It's the beginning of fall this month (although we have been told that our temperatures will continue to feel like the middle of summer).  And it's our wedding anniversary month.  16 years this year.   That's so hard to believe.  Maybe September will be a good month for me.  I hope.

I have several ideas for posts, but I never seem to have the time to get them up.  Hopefully soon.  I don't want this blog to go by the wayside.  There is so much happening right now, and I can't say anything until after the fact.

But now I am going to get off of here, get something to eat so I don't go to bed on an empty stomach, watch a little bit of TV and go to bed to get some sleep before I start my busy day.  Hope you all have a great night and even better tomorrow.

Until later...

Kathy






13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so scary! But you didn't need to go to the hospital? I found myself reading this post... with my mouth open! I'm shocked you were in a-fib and just called your doctor! I've always thought it was life threatening so I'm thankful you're doing okay. Sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow. I hope your heart calms down and you begin to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying right now that your A-fib ends and you have a relaxing and healthy evening and rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the A-fib. Praying that it does stop. Relate to having junk? Count me in! I look at it wondering how it all got here. I know but don't want to face it. My thing seems to be mail. it comes in, I glance then 'put aside'. The aside is now a foot high! I'll be working on it. Looking forward to the fall weather & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. You will be in my prayers. So sorry that you are having to deal with the A-fib. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Have a good September. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a scary situation, Kathy, and that was my reaction just from reading and not going through it, not a great start to a new month for sure. I hope you will be feeling better soon as you and Joe have a special day to look forward to this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, my gosh but the A-fib lasting that long sounds scary. I'm glad you will follow up with your doctor today. Yes... too much junk at my house:) I was just thinking of what I would like taken to the dump. Sometimes I hang onto stuff that isn't really needed or past its usefulness and it will just get dumped when I move in the future anyway so why not get rid of it now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trusting that things have calmed down considerably. Don't fret over the house and decluttering just now. Priorities.

    Another September lover! May you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better today and don't have to push yourself to get so much done. Take care of yourself my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you got a good night's sleep and are feeling better today. And yes, I have many things I need to get rid of and hoping to accomplish some of that today. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to read that you have a fib but I have been praying for you quite often lately. Hope you completely heal from it. In Jesus name 🙏 Amen. I have a few spots in my house that need cleaned up as well. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy! For some reason I've lost your blog again. I'm glad I stopped by today and wish you a happy start to September. However, it sounds like you have some health issues that need addressing and hopefully your physician can get you on the right path to feeling better. Those chores will just have to wait! And yes I can relate to "stuff" that accumulates! I sometimes think it just grows on it's own! Prayers to you and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have had a LOT to deal with this summer! Praying the fall is a more peaceful season for you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry to hear about all your health issues. It makes this heat even more stressful. Don't push yourself so hard. I use to make lists but it's too overwhelming now. If I accomplish 2 things (besides cooking and not huge things) I consider myself doing very well. My stamina changed quite a bit in my late 60's. I use to get flustered by that but now I slow down...a lot!!! The house isn't spotless but it's clean enough. Believe me, it took a whole lot of talking to myself to accept that thought. We need to make adjustments and be kinder to ourselves. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.