Saturday, November 6, 2021

CATCHING UP


 Hello, friends.  Hope you are all doing well.  I know it's been awhile since I posted.  Life is passing quickly and social media is not that important in the big scheme of things.  But don't give up on me.  I will be here once in awhile.

Basically I have been trying to deal with the intense pain in my knee.  I have another 11 days until I see the orthopedist.  From everything I hear there will be surgery involved.  No driving for awhile.  No stairs (how do I do that in a three storey house?).  I am not a happy camper.  And I think Joe is getting tired of me crying so much.  He says he feels so helpless to do something for me and really he is.

Halloween was...  well... a dud.  I bought 35 snack sized bags of chips for the kids and we got 4 little ones at the door.  Four.  It's a good thing that I like what I buy.  To top it off I didn't even get to see them.  I was laying on the sofa to keep off of my leg.  Joe went to the door and handed things out.  Hopefully next year will be in a new house.

We are still looking but not as actively until we see what is going on with my leg.  The house we almost bought has just sold.  We were thinking about going back to that one but you snooze, you lose.  There are at least two more that I am interested in so we will see.

In the meantime we are getting a new dishwasher.  Ours broke and I have been washing dishes by hand for about a month.  We finally found one that we both agreed on but we can't get it until January.  So now we are going to try to get our second choice in the hope of it coming sooner.  Standing at the sink to wash dishes is not great for my knee.  I can do only a few at a time and they are stacked way up.

In the meantime I am doing what I can to get decorated for the holidays and pack up to move.  Trying to go through everything in the house is so overwhelming.  I have pulled out things and have them stacked everywhere to go through them.  It looks like a hoarding house and I am so upset about that.  But every bag or box or pile I go through is that much less I have to do later.  And it's something I can do sitting down.  You should have seen our trash this week.  Why do we keep so much?  Why did I think I would ever use these things again?  Are any of you like me?

It finally went from summer to fall.  The temperatures have been dropping and Joe was finally able to take the air conditioner out of the window.  We were actually using it the end of last month because the temperatures were so warm.  But I think it's finally cool (cold) for the rest of the year.

And speaking of years, can you believe it's only 56 days until the new year?  Each year I say that time flies and this year really did feel that way.

I've rambled on enough.  Let me show you some pictures before you go.

This is kind of dark so I hope you can see it.  The other day we ordered pizza and chicken from Dominos for dinner.  And because they had the free promotion going on, Joe got two pizzas for the price of one.  He was one happy guy.  And because they did not get it to us in under 30 minutes we got a coupon for another free pizza.



Every time Joe gets up from his chair, Jack runs over and lays in it.  I think he considers it his bed.


We had a beautiful sunset the other night.  I love it when the clouds are all pink and gold.


And that's it for now.  Have a wonderful day and I will be back when I can.


Kathy






7 comments:

  1. So much going on in your life! I can feel for Joe. Sometimes all one can do is just be there.Love that Jack stole the chair! lol!
    I too am sorting through. I wondered the same thing. It does make me pause to consider what is really important.I am grateful that God never changes!
    Thank you for that beautiful sunset! Each day different shades of color. I also like the purples & blues that occur later towards evening...
    Will be keeping you in prayer for your knee pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read about the pain in you leg just not letting up a bit,Kathy. It certainly is so frustrating not to be able to do things and to have to wait so long for an appointment is frustrating. We did not have any trick or treaters at our door so no need to eat any leftover candy which we didn't buy (thank goodness). I am sure you will get through the piles of sorting in time once you know what the next steps will be to relieve your knee pain. Indeed social media can take a back seat to feeling better and getting things done. Too bad about the house you saw being sold, but if it wasn't right for you and Joe, something better will come along in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't 'bug' you about blogging. You have a lot to take care of at home. Looking for a new place is enough stress and then to have a bad knee. Sorting through closets will help take your mind off your knee but you do have to sit and go slowly. Jack is such a cutie. I wish I didn't have so many allergies or I'd love a kitty. Bless you in your house search because I know it's crazy everywhere. Things are high and sell super fast. I pray the Lord gives you and Joe favor in your house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. Good to hear from your. I am so sorry about your knee. I have knee issues too and that is why we went from a two story house to a house mostly on one level. We do have a basement and I go down there a lot, so I still have to do stairs. Can't get around it. I hope you find just what you are looking for in a home. Yes, homes do sell quickly and around here in Utah, they are VERY expensive. I hope they aren't quite as much back there in Pennsylvania. For some reason, your new blog posts are not showing up in my feed so I am missing some, but I will still keep checking back because I enjoy your posts. I will now read your post about the book you are reading. I hope your week is going well.See you again soon in blogland or on Youtube.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying your knee heals soon. Can you get a shot in it to help? Are you going to buy a one story house? I am glad as I age that I have a one story home. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to keep decluttering my house. Books, papers I really don't need to keep. I took some items over to the thrift store the other day. I was able to put the office chair Megan had tried to sell to someone on our community post but nobody would show up when they said they would buy it! It's out of the living room now! I need her to continue to clean her rooms. I think I need to pull stuff out of there that are blankets and clothes she's not used in awhile. I did some of it when she was in CO. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning out is overwhelming but just take it one day at a time. It is so worth it in the end. Really hope you find the perfect house for you and just when the time is right for a move. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.