Sunday, November 14, 2021

WHAT'S GOING ON


 Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a great day.  Not so much here.

I didn't go to Bible Study this morning.  And I almost didn't go to church.  My leg is so swollen and hurts so very much.  Fortunately I didn't have to drive anyone besides myself so I did get to church.  I had the bulletins and felt as if I had to get there.  I take my responsibilities as Church Secretary very seriously.

Earlier I had gotten a call from my friend Debbie. If you are a regular reader of this blog you will see Debbie commenting quite a bit.  Her husband was being rushed to the hospital and they would not be at church.  If you are a praying person, please pray for her husband, Rusty.  He is very sick (not Covid) and she doesn't know how long he will be in the hospital.

I was going to either go to Wawa to get a turkey bowl (mashed potatoes, stuffing, sliced turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce) or make something for lunch after church.  But my leg was so painful that I just went home and called the local pizza shop for sandwiches.  They were good, but Joe and I have both been sick ever since we ate.  So I paid $25 for a lunch that made both of us feel bad.  Yuck.  We have never had any problem with their food before.  And I would have thought it was just one of my food allergies if Joe hadn't gotten sick too.  Running up to the bathroom has not helped my leg at all.

This is going to be another busy week.  Tomorrow I see the dentist.  This is the first time since I had my tooth extracted.  I was supposed to have it checked three weeks ago but couldn't because of my leg.  Tuesday I see the Orthopedist.  Thursday I have a stress test.  Then I think I will have a break for a few weeks.  I hope.

I wanted to explain about my blog and why some of you haven't been able to see it lately.  I was having some trouble with a couple of people reading it and then using the information in it against me.  I have done nothing to them, but they are angry with me.  So I made it private so that they couldn't see it.  But... even though I sent invitations out to many of you it became impossible to reach everyone.  So I deleted a bunch of posts and opened it up again.  And from the response you have given me, this was the right thing to do.

Well, I am going to get going.  I have to get something on my stomach so that I can take my evening medicine.  Growing old is not for the faint hearted my friends.

I will be seeing you soon.

Kathy




16 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry about your leg. Hope that you can get off it and get some rest. And what a bummer about your lunch that both of you became ill from it. It will be good to get this week's appts out of the way. I agree with you...growing older is a challenge, but I am praying for better days ahead for you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was concerned when I could not access it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you and Joe feel better soon as its no fun getting sick after eating. I have to be careful with iceberg lettuce. I don't eat it anymore and ask not to have it in my burgers or sandwiches. We are at Red Robin after church for our veterans free tavern burger. 🍔 they don't have romaine lettuce any more so I don't want iceberg lettuce. I finished making a calender on Shutterfly. Been working on it a few days. Free but paid for shipping. Then I ordered one to get sent to a family member. Free shipping. One less thing I have to mail. I'm feel happy to read your blog posts again. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. So sorry to hear about your leg and also that you are not feeling good tonight. I hope that this week goes better for you and that things are looking up soon. So sorry that someone is using your blog as a way to harass you. I had that happen years ago and had to start a completely new blog, but it hasn't happened now for years, and I have had my current blog for nie years. I hope your visits to the dentist and doctors go well. Let us all know how it goes. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're having so many health issues lately. I hope you can get your health back on track in the new year. And sorry about you and Joe getting sick. All it takes is one person at the restaurant not washing his hands and preparing your food and there you have it. Why do people have to harass other people? I don't understand all the hate out there lately. So sorry you're having to deal with these hateful people on top of all your health issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always leaving such sweet comments. If you don't mind, would you please tell me who you are. Just add your name to the end of the coment. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  6. The food thing has happened to Russ & I as well. It's a real bummer to pay for food & have that happen. I am praying for your pain to ease. And that all your appointments have good results.
    Thank you for your prayers for Rusty. The hospital didn't keep him as he sees his doctor today to have things checked out. May everyone have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Blog up date. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, Oh, your swollen leg sounds so painful and I'm sorry for that. I sure hope the doctors can find a solution for you on that. I'm also sorry to hear that some people are leaving hurtful comments to you and I hear on other blogs that that happens too. I need to start thinking about getting a turkey soon as I've read that they are in short supply this year and will cost more than usual. I'm going to check Aldi out later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about all the health issues you dealing with. Prayers that things will start improving for you. Hope you and Joe are both feeling better from the bad lunch you had. Caring thoughts from Bucks County.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I am able to read your blog again...I was confused, wondering 'what did I do?'. Do you know why your leg is hurting? I can't imagine people being so hurtful to you...you seem so kind and helpful to Joe and others. Take care and keep posting! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been away from blogging for a bit so did not realize you were having such medical problems. I am so sorry-when our legs/knees, etc., are bad it makes it hard to do much of anything! Praying for your friend's hubby.

    I am so sorry that someone targeted you. What is wrong with people anyway? If you don't like something, shut your mouth and move along! That is my two cents worth. LOL

    Hope you have a good week, Kathy-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m sorry your leg is bothering you. And all those appointments! I hope each one is smooth and painless and you get the answers you’re looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take good care. I hope you both are feeling better and you catch a break with appointments! Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to read about the contributing leg pains, Kathy, and more so that it is keeping you from doing things you enjoy. Buying that food and then both you and Joe feeling sick was really awful. perhaps you could let the place know since you have ordered from there before. I hope the doctor appts go well for you this week. Also, it's nice that you opened up your blog again and hopefully will not have any issues with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your leg is better and your Thanksgiving is a good one. I was wondering what happened to your blog but glad to see it's back. I enjoyed your posts and hearing about your adventures! So take care and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.