Tuesday, November 9, 2021

WHAT I'M READING -- NANTUCKET WHITE CHRISTMAS (BOOK 3) BY PAMELA KELLEY (2021/7)


 

Hello, friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  I haven't had a chance to read for about a month and I am so glad to be back to it.  Today I want to tell you about the latest book I have read.  And I read it in three days.  It is the third book in the Nantucket Inn series by Pamela Kelley.

Nantucket White Christmas

Growing up as an orphan, Angela Stark has never been a fan of the holiday season, even though she was a Christmas baby. This year is no exception when everything that could possibly go wrong does, and she and her elderly cat, Sam, are about to be homeless. Her last resort is to move in temporarily with her best friend, Jane—who is allergic to cats. But then, a letter arrives that changes everything, and she and Sam find themselves heading to Nantucket. It seems like the perfect financial solution that will enable her to return home to San Francisco a few months later.

But then she meets the Hodges family and friends. In particular, a certain best-selling author who tries to convince her to stay on Nantucket longer. And as she gets to know Lisa Hodges and her children, Kate, Kristen, Abby and Chase, she experiences what it’s like to be welcomed as part of a family, for the first time.

This is such a good story.  I think I just happened to read it at the right time of year.  I loved going back to Nantucket and catching up with the Hodges family, but having a new character come into the story was good too.  And having two cats in the story didn't hurt.  😉

Every time I read one of these books I want to go to visit Nantucket.  Maybe someday I will.  I really suggest you read this series if you are looking for a quick, easy and fun read.

What are you reading these days?

Hope you have a great day and I will see you later.

Kathy


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good book. I need to look for that series. Thanks for the review. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.... I noticed that when I read about a certain place that I like,then I tend to read the series. As a dog lover,I am currently reading the Dog Town cozy mystery series. Just what it sounds like,pets welcomed in all places! I just finished Terri Blackstock's 'Aftermath' for a little more plot & depth. She's a good Christian author. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the series and loved it too. Recently discovered an author that I loved and read a series plus another book or two.... Richard Paul Evans. Reading the latest Nickolas Sparks book, The Wish, now. I love his books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.